News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger with amnesia build

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 27, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

So... i finally starting something with my car since i got it in january, not much to say about it, it's a bare shell with no vin tag, data plate or body stampings. All i got with the car were 2 door hinges both trunk hinges with 1 torque rod the 1/4 panel end caps 1 charger emblem and the right rear marker light, Theres a large hole cut in the firewall, and the trans tunnel, the passenger floor is fairly solid with very little rust, the trunk floor and the back end are a mess, but the rails are mint... (probably) The front end structure is pretty solid as well.

The plan is just to turn it into a cool hotrod really, since there is so little to work with i don't want attempt to try and restore it to a stock condition, instead it will be a bit of a cross between the Blade 68 and the fast five 70 (without the blower) gutted interior, and very simple, but i want to update the suspension, since there isn't any.

Baldwinvette77

Tried to upload pictures of stuff i've done, i keep getting errors, guess i'll try a little later  :'(

Dino

So what's the plan for it?

Try renaming the pics something unique and make sure thy are less than 200 KB each.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Baldwinvette77

they are under 200 but it says i have a file of the same name already or something, any idea?

Baldwinvette77

trying.

Baldwinvette77

WOOHOO!!! yeah, some things i started today, firewall was tricky. i stopped because it started to rain...

71green go

:2thumbs: Quite a project and LOL your neighbors must LOVE you hahaha
keep posting!

Baldwinvette77

Of course they do, who doesn't love the sound of grinders and welding at 8 a.m.  :lol:

I also have some parts for it, which include 2 pink (fiberglass) 1970 style fenders, a 68 coronet dash frame, 68 taillights, a 1969 white drivers door, a 1968 copper passenger door (both are complete with glass and locks etc.) a green trunk lid a rusty rear bumper with the bumper-ettes  and a 1973 license plate and  another pair of door hinges.  :cheers:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Not trying to pop your sack here...

But...

Without a VIN tag...

Isn't it just a sculpture?

:shruggy:

70 sublime

At least some of the parts look good :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Indygenerallee

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but looks like a money pit.....  :Twocents:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Baldwinvette77

Thanks, As for the vin im registering it through the ontario Rebuilt vehicle program, if i provide a receipt for the body and the engine (has to be a junkyard. crate engine with receipt) it will be issued a 17 digit generic vin beginning with the letters RBT, it will also get a generic title, if i finish the car in 2016 lets say, The car will be titled as "2016 Dodge Charger RBT" even if it looks like a 68, and yeah i realize it's going to take money, thats why im keeping my standards nice and low and hand fabricating what i can to keep costs down.  :popcrn:

Baldwinvette77

Dino

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 12:48:27 PM
Thanks, As for the vin im registering it through the ontario Rebuilt vehicle program, if i provide a receipt for the body and the engine (has to be a junkyard. crate engine with receipt) it will be issued a 17 digit generic vin beginning with the letters RBT, it will also get a generic title, if i finish the car in 2016 lets say, The car will be titled as "2016 Dodge Charger RBT" even if it looks like a 68, and yeah i realize it's going to take money, thats why im keeping my standards nice and low and hand fabricating what i can to keep costs down.  :popcrn:

Interesting!  Looks like you have a nice blank canvas there then my friend!  It may have some holes but it looks like you're having fun with that.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparstuart

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 12:48:27 PM
great additude , keep up the good work love your crafty enthusiasm
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Baldwinvette77

skip68

:2thumbs:   Do what you can with it and have fun.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Looks like you have your work cut out for you, but you can do it.  What's the holdup on the Vette?  :popcrn:

Baldwinvette77

The vette? nothing really i was working on it just days before i got the charger, i have to finish up some of the body work, then assemble it, most of the fabrication is done on it, it was a 77, but i modified it to look like a 73, plus i removed all the marker lights, trim peices, emblems, and grafted in a shelby cobra gas cap, so it will need persuading to go back together  :lol:

Baldwinvette77

I got the taillight panel usable again, still need to finished welding it, grind it down, and final body work, but i like it, considering it's 500$ less than a new panel  ::)

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

A sheet metal brake would help you out a bunch, even if you went to HVAC place and had your pieces bent. :Twocents:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 27, 2013, 02:25:52 PM
Your not Moparmanjim are you????  :lol:

Depends, is he awesome, if so, totally am, if not... totally not  :lol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 27, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
A sheet metal brake would help you out a bunch, even if you went to HVAC place and had your pieces bent. :Twocents:

I know, hell i theres an autoshop across the street (literally) i could take it to and build the whole thing, but my boss would likely have a heart attack if i showed up with this thing , especially without wheels, so, i'll spare him the trouble... for now  :D