News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need pics of your General Lee. A contest, sort of.... UPDATE

Started by bull, February 19, 2006, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

My (almost) four-year-old daughter told us recently that she wants a Dukes of Hazzard-themed birthday party for her birthday on Feb 25th. We are hoping to find a nice picture of the GL so we can have it transferred to the top of a cake. Apparently there's a method where bakers can take an actual picture and transform it into an edible screen print. We did it once before but not with an actual photograph, it was more of a cartoon caricature. They say they can do it so we're going to try it. Anyway, what I need is a nice, clear, concise picture of your General Lee so I can print a copy off and take it to the bakery on Thursday or Friday. When I choose the 'winner' I'll print the picture, take it in and once I get the cake back I'll post pictures of the cake here and you'll have a digital copy of your own General Lee clone immortalized on a birthday cake! Ok, so maybe the prize is a little lame but I could use some help nontheless.

The dumb thing about all this is the bakeries we've talked to are giving us a hard time about copywrite or trademark infringement and all that but how is it that you can't have a GL cake but you can have a fully functional 1:1 exact General Lee replica '69 Charger without WB suing you? Anyway, to avoid the BS I just decided to ask one of my online friends here to provide me with a picture of their own personal car with permission to reprint a picture of it for the cake. Thanks guys!

bull

By the way, I'd prefer that no one be in the picture besides the General himself. Thanks again.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on February 19, 2006, 06:47:31 PM
By the way, I'd prefer that no one be in the picture besides the General himself. Thanks again.

You mean you don't want a Daisy Duke wannabe spread across the hood in her shorts and cowboy boots?   :shruggy:

CFMopar

Tell them its a pic of your car... See what they say then...
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Todd Wilson

My old lady had a Bday cake made for me a few years ago with my 71 on it. Looked and tasted pretty good too! HAHA!

You need to tell your bakery that there is no trademark or copyright infringement on using a picture of  GL for a cake.  Their next thing to bitch about will be the racial flag on top of the car being printed on the cake.

Todd

Dale The Bold

In the spirit of laziness, here's a link to a thread I started which is full of photos of my car.  Feel free to duplicate any of those images on the food item of your choice.  I can also provide a larger version of any of them, if you need.

The General Lee on the family farm.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Charger_Fan

Here's a way around any copywrite problems... ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69charger2002

here are a couple of mine.. let me know what i win.  lol
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

rare69

when you find out how to eat pictures, let me know i have a couple i really like!

JimShine

I didn't have the push bar on long enough to get many pics..but its okay. My grille is so nice I tend to like the pics with it off.

bull

Quote from: Dale The Bold on February 19, 2006, 11:36:26 PM
In the spirit of laziness, here's a link to a thread I started which is full of photos of my car.  Feel free to duplicate any of those images on the food item of your choice.  I can also provide a larger version of any of them, if you need.

The General Lee on the family farm.

Thanks for the pictures, guys. Dale, I like this one but I wish the whole front end was in the frame.

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 20, 2006, 01:58:16 PM
Here's a way around any copywrite problems... ;D

Yea, thanks for that suggestion. I might go with this one instead.

bull

Well I went with Trav's GL replica (69charger2002) because the picture was big and clear. Some of the other pictures were more artsy but I figured this one stood a better chance of coming out more clearly on the cake. I didn't expect all the background stuff to be on the cake, such as the house and pickup, but hey, it all tasted good. When asked, my daughter requested the piece with the '01' on it. Thanks for the pictures, Trav. Here's your prize:

dart3404

Thats cute. Great, now i want cake  :-\ . You should have put the 4 on the truck...  :icon_smile_big:

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Shakey

Turned out very good.

My Daughter opted for, well she didn't really get a choice, the Dora the Explorer cake.  She turns 2 today and we had a party for her on Saturday.

bull

It's funny how quickly my two girls swap loyalties to their idea of the latest thing. I guess they are behind the curve somewhat because we don't get the cartoon network but recently they decided they like the Powerpuff Girls. That's why I don't quite understand Carly's desire for a DOH cake since she can't stop talking about the Powerpuff Girls. I'm glad they like it though because it's a good show. It reminds me of Ponch too because of Mojo Jojo, one of the bad guys on the show. Before the PPG it was Thomas and Friends, any given Disney Princess, Care Bears, etc. It's always something.

Brock Samson

Charger_Fan

That turned out pretty nice! :thumbs:

Geez, 4 years old. I bet it seems just like yesterday...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 27, 2006, 06:45:19 PM
That turned out pretty nice! :thumbs:

Geez, 4 years old. I bet it seems just like yesterday...

It does. The older I get the faster time goes. It's funny explaining to my daughters how long a week is. They really have no concept of time and seven days seems like an eternity to them -- escpecially if they have to wait for something they really want. I try to use my Charger as an example of dad having to wait a long time for something since I got it shortly after my youngest was born.