News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

no title.....

Started by Wicked72, April 27, 2013, 11:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

My 72 doesnt have a title. When i got the car it was an ebay deal and i was told there was one which was all lies and the owner dropped of the face of the earth...o well, is what it is barely paid for a rust free big block car not complaining. i did have the vin and ran it with the state police and the dmv from that state and nothing came up and my state. It was in AZ and their dmv told me after a certain amount of time if a vehicle is not registered the records of it are wiped out so basically is doesnt exist.  Wondering how i can get a title for it in MD?
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

garych11

here in Michigan, I had to go to the secerity of state and get a green sheet, then had to call the local police, they sent a policeman out to run the vin and filled out the paper, And take it back to the SS they sent me a new title. 1 day of work. I had to do 2 because I was scraping them.

Wicked72

what did it cost for that? do you think my dmv here in md will he the first place to go?
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

garych11

I had to pay the police department 40.00 to come out. I would start at the DMV...

kab69440

It can't be too hard. Maryland is one of the states that the title service companies use to register titleless vehicles because the laws there are lax. The registration is the only ID the car has after 25? years. Call a lawyer there and ask about it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

NHCharger

Every State seems to have different rules. Here in NH you don't need a title for any car over 15 years old. When I registered the 68 last month I had to have the police or a state inspection station check the vin, apparently too many people monkeying with vin's over the years. I can apply to the state for a title if I want. Check with your DMV
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nvrbdn

i think you should be ok with it. especially since you have had the tag run already.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Monziac

I just had one made for my 68 Charger. Called a title company, paid $350 and had title in a week. That include taxes too.
Jon

Cooter

In Va, those "title Companies" like "Broadway Title", do NOT work at the DMV. YOu pays your money and you takes your chances.

I prefer to go through the proper channels at the DMV, and had a title to mine in about 1 month. Only cost me normal titling fees of around $55.00. :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TwistedShifter

I've dealt with title issues. My recommendation is to go to DMV.org, type in title replacement MD, it will give you guidance in your state. Dmv/bvm/tag offices are different from state to state. You may end up having to contact AZ to obtain a copy of their records showing it's been purged from the system. And lord help you if you don't have a bill of sale. In Oregon, if you are missing a bill of sale from one of the sellers, the deal is void and cannot be titled until the missing party is found or an affidavit is signed by the last party would can affirm when the actual title was lost.

Good luck!
1973 Dodge Charger SE

Brian in GA

Dude, carry yourself down to the local dmv office, or just call and ask them!  I work at a tag/title office in GA and it's easy.  In your case, you get an inspection form filled out by the local sheriff's office, (FREE), where you can even call them and they ride by your house, verify and run the vin, and sign the form.  Take it to your tag office with a bill of sale and an insurance card, and boom!  GA doesn't title a vehicle older than 1986, so you'd register (get a tag) and that would be your proof of ownership.  Total cost--$20. 

Old Moparz

I agree, start with the DMV in your state first. Most, if not all of them, have websites that are fairly easy to find info on. If you go in person though, you may get someone who doesn't know enough to help you. Here in NY I had to get the title to my Mother's car changed to my name after she passed away 2 years ago. The first person I spoke to gave me the wrong info as to what paper work I needed. When I returned a few days later, it was a different person at the window who asked why I was giving them papers I didn't need to give them.   ::)

The title switch to my name worked out, but it would've been easier if I was given the correct info first. I'm letting you know because if someone tells you to start digging up hard to find, or non-existent papers, it pays to ask another person first to verify it.

In 99% of the cases where I had to get a title, I've done it through DMV, but I did use Broadway Title once about 5 years ago. This was for a car that I bought 15 years ago for parts that only had a bill of sale. I contacted the state police & gave them the VIN before money changed hands & they checked it & said nothing came up on it. I was originally going to part out this car, but decided to keep it. For several reasons, including not knowing the seller's whereabouts after 15 years, using Broadway Title for a $500 parts car made sense to me.

It worked out fine.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus