News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a Black Daytona

Started by hemi-hampton, April 28, 2013, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

As I was driving down the street the other day I was passing a Tow yard & right as I was passing it I see this Black Daytona on a flat bed in front of me turn into the yard & park at the office. I turned into parking lot & snapped this pic outside the gate. Now It's been bugging me if this thing was abandoned & towed away? Why would anybody have a Daytona towed to a tow yard? LEON.

A383Wing

the way it's sitting, looks like engine may still be in it?

did you get tow yards number and call them?

Bryan

tan top

:o  good spot ,   maybe the yard owner bought it , to restore  :scratchchin:   looks like it could of been garaged or in a barn for some time going by the dust/ dirt on it  ,    :scratchchin: cant see fender scoops ??

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Beep Beep Dave

Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Better follow up, looks pretty good :2thumbs:

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparstuart

better yet just  PM me the name and number of the tow company  ,  I will get it taken care of   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wing missing possible  ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Wow !!!  But, no headlamp buckets it seems :icon_smile_question:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Speedfreak

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 28, 2013, 05:56:05 PM
As I was driving down the street the other day I was passing a Tow yard & right as I was passing it I see this Black Daytona on a flat bed in front of me turn into the yard & park at the office. I turned into parking lot & snapped this pic outside the gate. Now It's been bugging me if this thing was abandoned & towed away? Why would anybody have a Daytona towed to a tow yard? LEON.

Wow!  If it were me would have followed them to the yard, how come you didn't?  Could be a great deal in the making.

TUFCAT

Leon, what part of town is that?

Speedfreak

Maybe if it was missing those parts it was a clone in the making that some guy abandoned in a garage or somewhere, finally got towed out.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 28, 2013, 06:53:38 PM

Was in Pontiac. I was in downtown Pontiac where the 1850's house's are looking for Privies to dig.  I didn't ask about it because I have no Funds to buy. Now I wish I would of asked about it. LEON.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 28, 2013, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on April 28, 2013, 06:53:38 PM

Was in Pontiac. I was in downtown Pontiac where the 1850's house's are looking for Privies to dig.  I didn't ask about it because I have no Funds to buy. Now I wish I would of asked about it. LEON.

Especially given the fact it could just be crushed for scrap !  :o :o

I would have at least found out if it was going to be a project for someone, just have some peace of mind.  You happen to be at the right place at the right time for reason... :Twocents:

Old Moparz

Yes, the nose looks odd where the head lights would be but it looks like it has the windshield pillar trim. :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 29, 2013, 12:35:10 PM
Yes, the nose looks odd where the head lights would be but it looks like it has the windshield pillar trim. :shruggy:
Ligthened the pic up a bit, I see the square openings on the lower valence, but are they too close together for a stock set up?

hemi-hampton

I figured they had to know what they had. BUT, Maybe not. Either I could of checked the VIN & then say I'd give you $5k for the heap & either they'd say your crazy, you know what that is, we want $50k. Or maybe they'd say WOW, Really, $5k for a heap that don't run. Deal. LEON.

P.S. Yes, first thing I noticed was chrome windsheild molding, forgot to look for back window plug, was too busy doing a U-Turn.

TUFCAT

Leon why don't you go back there!  Hell, I'll go with you  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 29, 2013, 02:22:01 PM

You got any money to buy it? LEON.

A383Wing

Looks like a hole in the top of passenger fender to me in the first pic

Bryan

boss429kiwi

You don't need to buy it, just because your enquiring about it.
Your an enthusiest and your enquiring about it as an enthusiest (its your hobby).

If it is for sale, I am sure the owner will welcome your enquiry, with your contacts.

Ill buy it  :icon_smile_big:

I bet its an old race car
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

TUFCAT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 29, 2013, 02:36:43 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on April 29, 2013, 02:22:01 PM

You got any money to buy it? LEON.

Maybe.  :scratchchin:  I could turn some cash loose from retirement if I really, really, really needed to. Otherwise there's not much.  :D

62 Max

First order of the day is to find out what the owner's intent is,just because it's on a rollback doesn't mean it is for sale,salvage,abandoned and a host of other reasons. :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

The place looked like a impound yard for derelict or abandoned vehicles. Don't think any owner was around or had it towed there. LEON.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Patronus on May 06, 2013, 09:40:36 AM
Any updates??  :popcrn:

Yeah, I been told it's a regular 318 Charger.  :scratchchin:  LEON.

Indygenerallee

Just leave us hangin' like that!!  :lol: Man I would have been on that like a fly on stink!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1RareBird

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 06, 2013, 03:49:28 PM
Quote from: Patronus on May 06, 2013, 09:40:36 AM
Any updates??  :popcrn:

Yeah, I been told it's a regular 318 Charger.  :scratchchin:  LEON.

I saw what you did there lol. 

Do keep us posted if you find out more info.  Nice find!
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.