News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF just happend?

Started by Mar10n83, April 30, 2013, 11:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mar10n83

ok, so i was going to drive my '70 charger to work today, i got in the car and cranked the engine for about a half turn then everything just
died... ??? Nothing works exept the horn....  :shruggy:

lukedukem

no lights, no nothin? was it cranking good, or slow.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mar10n83

No nothing  :shruggy: i used the car yesterday without problems... so its not the battery

lukedukem

Quote from: Mar10n83 on April 30, 2013, 11:20:29 AM
No nothing  :shruggy: i used the car yesterday without problems... so its not the battery

thats what i was gonna point to. it still might be from the sounds of it. have you tried to jump start it. do you have a meter to put on the battery to see what the voltage is. if its not the
battery then i'm lost. i'm no electrical guru either though, so maybe someone else can chime in. sorry

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Cooter

If you had the battery cable off like many do, I would be checking for a bad conn. at the terminals. You would not believe what I have to do in order to get good contact to crank the cars after being parked over winter.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69wannabe

Amen cooter!!! I have even seen terminals look clean but when you take it off and look at the post it would be blackish looking.  A good cleaning on the post and inside the battery end and its good to go. Had to do this on mine just the other day. That's a good place to start!!!

TexasStroker

I'd check the voltage and go from there...
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Dino

If the battery tests out good, check for: busted ballast resistor, loose ground, loose bulkhead connector, loose ignition switch.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

gsniegow

Have you checked out the fusible link? 

Mar10n83

Problem solwed  :icon_smile_cool: the + clamp on the battery was broken  :brickwall:

Thanks for good help you guys  :cheers:

lukedukem

Quote from: Mar10n83 on May 01, 2013, 08:20:11 AM
Problem solwed  :icon_smile_cool: the + clamp on the battery was broken  :brickwall:

Thanks for good help you guys  :cheers:

Oh man that sucks. cheap fix though, at least it wasn't anything expensive  :2thumbs:
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC