News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 volt meter

Started by twodko, May 01, 2013, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

As useless as a volt meter actually is, I'd rather replace my 69's ammeter with a volt meter instead of just bypassing the ammeter and having non functional gauge in the dash.

So what is a source for such a meter.....OEM looking?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lukedukem

i was directed hear. i believe they will moderize the ammeter for voltage. they use the face and retain the factory look, i think. i havent contacted them yet to ask but from reading stuff on the site i guess thats what they do

http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/ 
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

twodko

Thanks man, I have given them a shout as to cost and turnaround time. I'll post up the info when I get it.

Tom

lukedukem

Cool. I haven't pulled mine yet but will be upgrading for sure.

Luke

1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

twodko

I'm still waiting for our local "old car" electrical guru to make an appearance.  :shruggy:

Pete in NH

Hi,

My car is a 71 and I'm keeping the stock ammeter. But, if I had a 68-70 and wanted to convert to a voltmeter I would take a careful look at the Autogage 2356 1-1/2 inch voltmeter. it looks like it might fit right in the original ammeter location by pulling the instrument out of its original case and using just the internal instrument. I've seen pictures of this gauge used to replace the ammeter in a 72 Duster which also uses small round gauges like the Charger. The conversion looked very good, almost like it left the factory that way.

Summit Racing carries the Autogage 2356 as do many others and I think it would be worth a careful look before looking into converting the original ammeter. It certainly would be less expensive.