News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction lower dash pads

Started by fy469rtse, May 02, 2013, 07:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Anyone heard anything on these, anyone seen samples? I though they were supposed to out available by now

Just 6T9 CHGR

They are available for the '70's only so far....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

will

I e-mailed tony dagostino and he answered that he doesn't plan on making them because of the difficulty with the structure. Theres metal and foam and forms to make for the vinyl, so at this point it appears to be ano-go. I'd like to get some new ones too, just born 45 years too late....

Mike DC

Is there anything on the market for the '68/69 stuff lately?  Just Dashes reskins things, but these days the originals are getting too trashed for even that to be an option.   

I wonder how a hard plastic/fiberglass molded version of the 68/69 stuff would sell. 

Patronus

I always watch for this part. ,,, Gooood luck. Im threatening to make something out of MDF. Dont think it will have the stitching though.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

fy469rtse

One question , how does the 70 glove box cover fit , think I might use the plastic 70 re-pop ones until something better comes out, never had a70 just know that glove box opens down instead or up like 68 70

Patronus

The '70 ones were only available as a set, and I believe no longer available in general.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Homerr

Quote from: Patronus on May 04, 2013, 07:39:10 AM
The '70 ones were only available as a set, and I believe no longer available in general.

Tony's has sets.

http://www.tonysparts.com/newproductsB.htm

Chatt69chgr

I wonder why the 70's were repoped first?  Seems like the same construction technique was used for all three years.  And I would think that the 68-69's would have been in a lot higher demand than the 70's.  There is probably a good reason why.   I just don't know what it is.

I know I would sure like a nice repop for the 69 with ac. 

I'd also like a repop of the heater control bezel for 69 (ac version).  It's not available either.  All I've ever seen, including mine, have chrome blistering going on. 

richRTSE

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 09, 2013, 12:17:29 PM
I wonder why the 70's were repoped first?  Seems like the same construction technique was used for all three years.  And I would think that the 68-69's would have been in a lot higher demand than the 70's.  There is probably a good reason why.   I just don't know what it is.

the 70's are injection molded plastic, probably much cheaper to make than the vinyl covered foam with metal frames...

I had a set of 69 pads redone by just dashes about 10-12 years ago and was happy with the work...sold the car 2 years ago and they still looked nice.

tylerk

Got a catalog today from PG Classic and they have the lower dash pads for 68 and 69's available. Who's gonna bite the bullet first?  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: tylerk on June 18, 2013, 04:28:39 PM
Got a catalog today from PG Classic and they have the lower dash pads for 68 and 69's available. Who's gonna bite the bullet first?  :2thumbs:

How much? It hasn't made its way to the PG website yet.

tylerk

They're offered in black, blue, tan and green as of right now.

The corner pad is 85 in black, 95 colored;
Center pad is 195 in black, 205 colored;
Glovebox door is 195 in black and 205 colored.

Doesn't say if they're ready to ship or not?  :shruggy:

fy469rtse

Got a catalog today from PG Classic and they have the lower dash pads for 68 and 69's available. Who's gonna bite the bullet first?  :2thumbs: I think it will be me , have none so need something to put on dash , will report back with photo's on the fit guys

VegasCharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on June 26, 2013, 12:32:32 AM
Got a catalog today from PG Classic and they have the lower dash pads for 68 and 69's available. Who's gonna bite the bullet first?  :2thumbs: I think it will be me , have none so need something to put on dash , will report back with photo's on the fit guys
Yes Please do  :cheers:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Chatt69chgr

Just got off the phone with PG Classic.  The lower dash pads and glove box door are not available and she says 6-7 months.  That means there is no telling when or if they will ever be available.

They made these once about three years ago.  Peter sent a set to BEA who discovered that they didn't fit correctly. 

These are one of the few parts that have never been repoped and are needed badly by a lot of folks. 

Hopefully some day.............

fy469rtse

Got my new catalogue , not in there and can't find them on website ? Guess were still left waiting  :shruggy: