News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger - What is this part?

Started by Johnnys440Charger, May 20, 2013, 08:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnys440Charger

Inside the door - Window Crank?

projectanimal

It is the base of the window.... I'll be putting mine back together and in the car next week, will shoot some photos if no one else does.   :cheers:
northwest CT

JumpTraveler

Fred

Quote from: Johnnys440Charger on May 20, 2013, 08:12:45 AM

Inside the door - Window Crank?

This is called the "Rear Run Channel"
The rear run channel is attached to the door inside panel face with screw and washer assemblies. In and out adjustment of the channel is made to align the door glass in the channel.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Brass

Are there any known sources for these channels?  I think I need one.

Fred

Quote from: Brass on May 20, 2013, 05:24:31 PM
Are there any known sources for these channels?  I think I need one.

Probably only wrecking yards.

Brass

Thanks, Fred!  That image is helpful.  One more question: Do you know if they are Charger-specific or will any similar-year, B-body channel work?

Don't intend to hi-jack this thread but related.

Fred

Quote from: Brass on May 20, 2013, 05:56:42 PM
Thanks, Fred!  That image is helpful.  One more question: Do you know if they are Charger-specific or will any similar-year, B-body channel work?

Don't intend to hi-jack this thread but related.

I'm not 100% sure but I have a feeling the Satellite could be the same.

projectanimal

Thanks for the picture Fred!   I thought they were bases, but they are all apart in my basement for next week!!  :2thumbs: :cheers:
northwest CT

bill440rt

Fred  is right, door glass run channel. From the pic it looks like the driver's side. No repro's here, it's used only. The felt lining is available repro.
Any '68 - '70 B-body/Charger hardtop door should work, I think the post coupe glass uses a different run channel.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Johnnys440Charger

sweet.  Thanks for the info guys.   Posting it on the "parts for sale" section. 

Brass

Hey guys, I want to relieve Johnnys440Charger of this part - IF it is the driver side.  Bill440rt seems to think it is.  Is there a way to tell for sure?  Thanks!

Johnnys440Charger

The diagram is a close up of the passenger side.  I think the one I have is the drivers side.   Can someone confirm?

projectanimal

Once you locate the top bolt, you will see that it follows the curve of the glass!   I installed the passenger window last night, I should be able to take pictures tomorrow if you need them.... :cheers:
northwest CT

bill440rt

Quote from: Brass on May 22, 2013, 06:02:53 PM
Hey guys, I want to relieve Johnnys440Charger of this part - IF it is the driver side.  Bill440rt seems to think it is.  Is there a way to tell for sure?  Thanks!

Going off a photo can be tricky, but here's what I am seeing.
The small bolt on top of the bottom "L" bracket (on the right in the top photo) goes thru the inside door panel, & gets covered by the door trim panel. The bolt on the side is accessible thru a plastic plug on the door back jamb, and is an adjustment bolt.
Follow the run channel up (left side in the top pic now). That bolt on the edge is also a mount bolt, which is also found on the top part of the back of the door edge.
That "L" shape on top is where the plastic stop on the door glass rests as the window is rolled up.
The curve of the part follows the curve of the driver's door glass if it were to be installed as I described above.
That's what I am seeing, & why it appears to be a driver's side to me. If I picture it for the passenger side, it would not mount correctly or follow the contour of the glass.
:cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Brass