News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RV2 compressor question

Started by Zeroman, May 25, 2013, 09:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeroman

Can someone please tell me what size the connection for the suction side of the RV2 air compressor is? I know the discharge service port (high pressure) is ΒΌ inch as is the inlet service port (the one on top of the head). The one in the back (suction service port) seems to be a different size.
Thank you.

Pete in NH

Hi,

Is the A/C system still a stock R12 system or has it been converted to R134A? R12 and R134A use completely different fittings and many R12 systems were converted to R134A when it was though R12 would be going away for ever and R12 became very, very expensive.

Pete in NH

I went and took a look at my R12 gauge set. A standard R12 gauge set hose fitting should fit the suction port fitting. For the Discharge side you will need an adaptor. The one I bought many years ago is a NAPA 209528 GM-Ford high side service port adaptor. I would bet this type of adaptor will be a bit of a challenge to find these days. This is all of course if your system is still R12.

Zeroman

Pete thank you for your help. After you told me your R12 gauge set hose fit the suction port I ran a die over the threads to clean them up and that did the trick. I have no idea why the brass cap screwed on with no problem and the hose would not prior to cleaning but it seems to be fixed now.

Thanks again,

Pete in NH

Glad to hear it all worked out, thanks for letting me know what you found out. Sometimes it's just the start of first thread that isn't quite right. sounds like the die might have cleaned it up a bit.