News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 69 Charger Registry lives

Started by Ghoste, May 31, 2013, 04:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

Dodge Don

Very happy to hear it will survive! Way to step up Ghoste  :cheers:

Kudos to Chris for starting and running it up until now.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Here ye, here ye!  :notworthy:

Glad to hear the name will live on. I'm sure you will do a fine job just as Chris has done. Thanks for taking this over!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Glad to hear it lives to fight another day and hopefully continue the runiting of stuff!  As it stands, yesterday was a good day for me too!  I found some very hard to find documentation and literature that I was certain had gotten lifted from a display I had set up at a show.  It is the original press release for the 1969 Dodge Charger.  Folder, press pic, and letter with rusty staple too!  I hadn't seen this in probably close to 10 years as I had made scans of it for Chris' registry and had never made a scan of the "psychodelic" pink folder.  I will try to post some more pics on here about it when I get a chance.  Thankfully my dad was cleaning out a book shelf and came across a whole bunch of my charger stuff and gave it to me instead of tossing it.   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

So the pink folder is still intact?

resq302

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2013, 08:13:23 AM
So the pink folder is still intact?

Yes, pristine condition too!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

great news thanks for stepping up    :2thumbs: :cheers:   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

Thanks to you both for doing a great job.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kokxville

Awesome.Thanks Ghoste for the effort,and Chris you did a great job. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

JB400

Glad to hear that info will still be available.  Thanks for your efforts :cheers:

69rtse4spd

tan top

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 31, 2013, 06:14:53 AM
Very happy to hear it will survive! Way to step up Ghoste  :cheers:

Kudos to Chris for starting and running it up until now.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

:iagree:   yep thanks Chris , for fantastic job &  creating an awesome site for us 69 charger owners & charger / mopar fans in general , & all the work & time you have put in over the years  :cheers: :cheers:  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2013, 04:57:30 AM
I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

thanks Ghoste , for stepping up , & taking on the 69 Charger  Registry   :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks again  guys  :notworthy:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: tan top on May 31, 2013, 05:55:15 PM

I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

thanks Ghoste , for stepping up , & taking on the 69 Charger  Registry   :yesnod: :2thumbs :cheers: :cheers:

thanks again  guys  :notworthy:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:iagree:  Especially with everything that Ghoste has on his plate right now.  :pity:   I'm a 68 owner myself and even though there is none for the 68's I'd hate to see the 69 registry go away.   :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

here ya go Ghoste!
Brian

Dodge Don

Now where is that long overdue 68 Registry?  :poke:

Speedfreak

That is really fantastic news.  Thank you very much Ghost for taking the reins of this project to keep it alive.  Thank you also Chris for all you have done to bring it to this point as an indispensable reference for our 69 cars.  :2thumbs:

bmoparmofo

Thanks to you both for the effort!  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Just 6T9 CHGR

While it was a tough decision, I feel that I made the right one.  I was torn for a few years about calling it quits with the Registry.  My buddy & mentor Chris G. (70 Registry) always talked me off the ledge.  This time I felt I truly had enough.....it was a great ride but it was time to move on.
Then the decision had to be made to either let the registry slowly die out or to pass the torch.  Shawn stepped up to the plate by asking to take the reigns.  He has always been a huge supporter of all registries in general and as "a '69 owner trapped in a fastback's body" he is a perfect match.
Im sure he will keep up with the many information requests I have answered over the years & is well versed in all things Charger.  The website will get a fresh look which it desperately needed.

Good luck Shawn in the new chapter for the 69 Registry and as I said before Im here if you need help.  :cheers:

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Thanks, and I'm sure I will be asking questions of you as well as some of the other registry sites as we get moving.  As I mentioned, as soon as I get back home I plan to sit with one of the website people in our IT department and get some help setting a site up and I think with the personal changes currently taking place with me, this will be a welcome diversion.

charger_fan_4ever

Just when everyone was afraid Ghoste had left the board BAM comes back with this news  :2thumbs:

pippo702

I was thinking I could register mine...

Ghoste

Then I'm thinking you should. :yesnod:

You can pm the info to me in the interim before I get a site up again.

A383Wing

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 31, 2013, 07:55:06 PM
Now where is that long overdue 68 Registry?  :poke:

maybe someone should talk to Skippy? It's not like he's doing anything important

Bryan

71ChallengeHer

You guys and gals continue to amaze me .  :2thumbs:    :cheers: 

69_500

Glad to hear it will continue. If you need any help let me know. I know it can be very time consuming. Consider I spend a few hours a day just tracking 500's and Daytona's.

A383Wing

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 01, 2013, 03:39:20 PM
You guys and gals continue to amaze me .  :2thumbs:    :cheers: 

there are times when we amaze ourselves...or is that "amuse" ??

Bryan

70moparman

Wish I had a 69 Charger to register!   :pity:  DOH!  :brickwall:

fy469rtse

TexasGeneral

RAC95054

I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

Yay!  Thank you!   I was wondering what had happened to the site when I had tried to check it lately.  Looking forward to seeing it back up again soon!
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

FastbackJon

Very cool Shawn. The registries are fun but do take time and money as well.

Probably one of the best personal things to come out of the registry was an email from a guy wanting to reunite a fender tag he found from a '66 Charger he owned 20 years ago to the current owner car. Turns out he was in the next town over and I was the current owner of that Charger!

If you get real ambitious, we can get you exporting parts of your database into .csv form, uploading that .csv file to an online database, which you can query out of with php files to dynamically build web pages.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

tracpack440

Any progress on getting the site back.  :drive:

Ghoste

Yes but it won't be immediate.  One of the IT guys at work is going to give me a hand making a new one but he has a couple of other side gigs ahead of me so it'll be a few more weeks yet.  Before the end of July but not before the end of next week.

C500

Excellent news. There was some awesome stuff on the registry website, and would be good to see it all available again. Thanks Chris for all the time and effort spent on it over the years, and to Shawn for taking over from here.  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Ghoste

As I get closer to creating the next version I'll solicit some opinions for the look.  Overall I was thinking of just more les continuing on from where Chris had it but if there is a lot of desire to see specific changes I'll be open to that.  Like I said though, I'll wait until the IT guy is ready to sit down with me.

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on June 15, 2013, 09:12:13 AM
As I get closer to creating the next version I'll solicit some opinions for the look.  Overall I was thinking of just more les continuing on from where Chris had it but if there is a lot of desire to see specific changes I'll be open to that.  Like I said though, I'll wait until the IT guy is ready to sit down with me.

:2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Beep Beep Dave

Wow that really is big news. I personally would like to thank Chris for all his years of service. I have an idea how much time, effort and money it takes to run a small registry, but the fellas that take on the big ones for everybody's else's benefit you really deserve more than just a thank you.

You quite simply did a great job :2thumbs:

Ghoste best of luck, hopefully you will enjoy it.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69charger2002

Kudos to Chris for doing the registry all these years. Great site. Looking forward to having it continue with Shawn!

Travis
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

DixieRestoParts

Is there a link to the new site? The old one doesn't seem to work.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

JB400

Ghoste hasn't got it up and running just yet.   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

tracpack440

Ghoste

It's coming folks.  This is the very busiest part of the year for me workwise and this year was more than normal so it will be about another month before things settle down and we get it up and running again.

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on August 15, 2013, 10:42:15 AM
It's coming folks.  This is the very busiest part of the year for me workwise and this year was more than normal so it will be about another month before things settle down and we get it up and running again.

:bow:   thanks for sorting this  Ghoste   :cheers:   :cheers:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

I'm kind of excited about it actually.  I've had such a passion for these things for so long and have always thought the registries were one of the best things to happen to the car hobby (thanks internet).  My desk at work is next to the research group and you may not think registering your car is such a big deal now but it will be for the next generation.

xoman60

Glad to hear its going to continue. I just purchased a 69 so Im looking forward to registering it.

flyboyedwards

Is the registry up and running yet? I would love to look around a little! I registered mine a couple years ago I believe!

BROCK

I keep getting distracted by tracpack440s 'esquire' pic.  I plan
to meet the wife at the door this afternoon with 2 aspirin and
a glass of water.  Wish me luck & oh by the way:  What were
we talking about?
Oh!  This is important!  So, of course I remember:  These guys
are wonderful!  They are kindred spirits like Eagles that fly.  It
is what they have put together & indeed their perspective that
has taught so many of us the things we always wondered but did
not know how or who to ask.  I have a set of tamperproof screws
for my locking gas cap not only from these guys as a gift but now
because of these guys:  I know that my car is supposed to have
them!  Who knew that a build sheet could be such a curse?   :laugh:

The passing of this guard is 1000 times better than the passing
of the 69 Charger Registry site.  May that site grow & prosper
ad infinitum :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ghoste

flyboyedwards, it isn't up yet and it should have been.  I've been hitting little snags and I want to give a projected date but I did that a month or so ago and circumstances conspired to make a liar out of me so this time I won't.  Just be patient and stay tuned.

Dodge Don

Sorry Ghoste......keep seeing this thread.....hoping that the 69 Registry doesn't become the 68 Registry  :poke: :whistling:

Ghoste

twenty mike mike

Now that you have a '69, Ghoste...

Ghoste

They've been in my heart even the periods when they weren't in my driveway since about age 14. :icon_smile_big:

6pkrtse

Get it done & I will participate on the 69' Regisrty. Someone do a 68' Registry I will be there also.....
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

472 R/T SE

You got yourself a cheese grater Ghoste, right on.   :2thumbs:

Isn't that a member's ride in your avatar?  Are you the new owner?

Ghoste

tracpack440

bulleteater

Great work guys!  :cheers: thank you ghoste  :2thumbs:
Brant

tracpack440

Ghoste

It does, just nothing to see there.