News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 69 Charger Registry lives

Started by Ghoste, May 31, 2013, 04:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

Dodge Don

Very happy to hear it will survive! Way to step up Ghoste  :cheers:

Kudos to Chris for starting and running it up until now.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Here ye, here ye!  :notworthy:

Glad to hear the name will live on. I'm sure you will do a fine job just as Chris has done. Thanks for taking this over!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Glad to hear it lives to fight another day and hopefully continue the runiting of stuff!  As it stands, yesterday was a good day for me too!  I found some very hard to find documentation and literature that I was certain had gotten lifted from a display I had set up at a show.  It is the original press release for the 1969 Dodge Charger.  Folder, press pic, and letter with rusty staple too!  I hadn't seen this in probably close to 10 years as I had made scans of it for Chris' registry and had never made a scan of the "psychodelic" pink folder.  I will try to post some more pics on here about it when I get a chance.  Thankfully my dad was cleaning out a book shelf and came across a whole bunch of my charger stuff and gave it to me instead of tossing it.   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

So the pink folder is still intact?

resq302

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2013, 08:13:23 AM
So the pink folder is still intact?

Yes, pristine condition too!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

great news thanks for stepping up    :2thumbs: :cheers:   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

Thanks to you both for doing a great job.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kokxville

Awesome.Thanks Ghoste for the effort,and Chris you did a great job. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

JB400

Glad to hear that info will still be available.  Thanks for your efforts :cheers:

69rtse4spd

tan top

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 31, 2013, 06:14:53 AM
Very happy to hear it will survive! Way to step up Ghoste  :cheers:

Kudos to Chris for starting and running it up until now.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

:iagree:   yep thanks Chris , for fantastic job &  creating an awesome site for us 69 charger owners & charger / mopar fans in general , & all the work & time you have put in over the years  :cheers: :cheers:  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2013, 04:57:30 AM
I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

thanks Ghoste , for stepping up , & taking on the 69 Charger  Registry   :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks again  guys  :notworthy:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: tan top on May 31, 2013, 05:55:15 PM

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2013, 04:57:30 AM
I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set.

thanks Ghoste , for stepping up , & taking on the 69 Charger  Registry   :yesnod: :2thumbs :cheers: :cheers:

thanks again  guys  :notworthy:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:iagree:  Especially with everything that Ghoste has on his plate right now.  :pity:   I'm a 68 owner myself and even though there is none for the 68's I'd hate to see the 69 registry go away.   :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

here ya go Ghoste!
Brian

Dodge Don

Now where is that long overdue 68 Registry?  :poke:

Speedfreak

That is really fantastic news.  Thank you very much Ghost for taking the reins of this project to keep it alive.  Thank you also Chris for all you have done to bring it to this point as an indispensable reference for our 69 cars.  :2thumbs:

bmoparmofo

Thanks to you both for the effort!  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Just 6T9 CHGR

While it was a tough decision, I feel that I made the right one.  I was torn for a few years about calling it quits with the Registry.  My buddy & mentor Chris G. (70 Registry) always talked me off the ledge.  This time I felt I truly had enough.....it was a great ride but it was time to move on.
Then the decision had to be made to either let the registry slowly die out or to pass the torch.  Shawn stepped up to the plate by asking to take the reigns.  He has always been a huge supporter of all registries in general and as "a '69 owner trapped in a fastback's body" he is a perfect match.
Im sure he will keep up with the many information requests I have answered over the years & is well versed in all things Charger.  The website will get a fresh look which it desperately needed.

Good luck Shawn in the new chapter for the 69 Registry and as I said before Im here if you need help.  :cheers:

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Thanks, and I'm sure I will be asking questions of you as well as some of the other registry sites as we get moving.  As I mentioned, as soon as I get back home I plan to sit with one of the website people in our IT department and get some help setting a site up and I think with the personal changes currently taking place with me, this will be a welcome diversion.

charger_fan_4ever

Just when everyone was afraid Ghoste had left the board BAM comes back with this news  :2thumbs:

pippo702

I was thinking I could register mine...

Ghoste

Then I'm thinking you should. :yesnod:

You can pm the info to me in the interim before I get a site up again.