News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-8 Daytona Clone

Started by Stevearino, May 31, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

very very beutifull nice work
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Stevearino

Quote from: 69_Charger_RT on May 25, 2015, 04:48:57 PM
The cars looking great Steve  :cheers:  You are definitely going to be proud of the end product. I love watching your metal fabrication.   :drool5:
One foot in front of the other and I'll get done someday. Thanks for the compliment.
Quote from: oldcarnut on May 25, 2015, 07:47:22 PM
Nice work.  I like your creativity  :2thumbs:
Creativity is a blessing and a curse. It can lead to some real headaches but when it works out it is pretty satisfying.
Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 31, 2015, 11:23:48 AM
very very beutifull nice work
Just was looking at your build thread. Two things. That car is pretty clean and it looks like you are well on your way to getting everything you need to get going.

Well I am still working on the head liner. I finished the metal work on the left side and removed it from the car.
I used the Trex material to create a round over edging for the transitions from the headliner to the side and rear window openings.
I temporarily taped the pieces in while the epoxy dried.

Stevearino

The right side head liner went a little quicker as I was able to use the patterns from the left side.
I removed the right side and glued in the edging as with the left side.
I assembled all three pieces upside down on some saw horses so that I could bondo in the transitions.
The last photo is of the left side with the headliner fabric glued to it.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

You sir,are, awesome.period.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stevearino

Thanks  CDR ,Charger-Bodie and Tan Top. I didn't look so awesome crimped up in the car burning myself with hot balls from the welder that I couldn't get away from. Got some new beauty marks. :smilielol:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Stevearino on June 04, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

Just was looking at your build thread. Two things. That car is pretty clean and it looks like you are well on your way to getting everything you need to get going.

thank you for me and my car  :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

Dayum, That headliner (if its can still be called one)  its an absolute work of art  :o

Stevearino

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on June 06, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Dayum, That headliner (if its can still be called one)  its an absolute work of art  :o
Well you know because you also have the creative affliction that even though you know what you want to see as an outcome reality doesn't always cooperate. This time for me it worked our just the way I wanted it. You know what they say. "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".

Anyhow. I finished covering the over head console and the two halves of the head liner and fit them up into the car. They will have to come back out because I don't want to expose them to the bondo/ paint mess. Also I need to put some sound deadener on the bottom side of the roof skin. Besides checking them for fit I needed to install the head liner so that I could fabricate the rear door panels which over lap and capture the bottom of the head liner.

XS29L9B2

Stevearino

Since the chassis was a 4 door and I had to remove the "B" pillar hinge post I knew the stock carpet would have issues in that area. Luckily all I had to do was to make an inner threshold cover to deal with the transition. I made this out of .045 steel and it will be painted out with some trim black.

Stevearino

The last of the head scratching :scratchchin: fabrication jobs on this car is the rear door panel covering the seatbelt reel and the window motor. As with the front door panels I went at it piecemeal . Kind of sneaking up on it if you will . I have it mostly worked out. All I lack now is finishing. :lol:

Stevearino

BigBlockSam

you do some incredible work,  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

I wish I had your time, money and skills. Maybe looks too. lol

Stevearino

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 08, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
Thanks BigBlockSam. How are you coming along solving the nose gasket issue you were having on your car. Have you found anything that looks better to you?

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2015, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 08, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Happy to see you back in the swing of things with the Birdable Stu. Must have felt great to shake the cobwebs out of the tri carbs. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 08, 2015, 02:00:19 PM
I wish I had your time, money and skills. Maybe looks too. lol

Time? I just work on it on the week ends cause I still work full time. Money? Believe it or not I have not broken the $30,000.00 mark with this project yet but then again I have not purchased any paint.  Looks? I have a condition known as "Bitchy Resting Face". That is where I look pissed off even when I am content. Everyone assumes I am mad and I have been known to make small children cry upon my arrival so........ :eek2:

ACUDANUT

Daytona R/T SE

"I have a condition known as "Bitchy Resting Face". That is where I look pissed off even when I am content. Everyone assumes I am mad and I have been known to make small children cry upon my arrival so........ eek"

WOW !  :o

Me too.  :cheers:  :smilielol: :eek2:

ws23rt

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 08, 2015, 04:18:14 PM
"I have a condition known as "Bitchy Resting Face". That is where I look pissed off even when I am content. Everyone assumes I am mad and I have been known to make small children cry upon my arrival so........ eek"

WOW !  :o

Me too.  :cheers:  :smilielol: :eek2:

Good grief--I'm not alone :slap:--I even have strangers ask me if I'm ok --and that's not rare :P

Lighthorseman

..."I have a condition known as "Bitchy Resting Face". That is where I look pissed off even when I am content. Everyone assumes I am mad and I have been known to make small children cry upon my arrival so........"

I understand your pain.  I get so tired of hearing, "cheer up!" wherever I go...

Hemi Runner

I suffer from BRF as well! Lol. Car is looking amazing. I wish I were closer as I would love to see it in person.

cdr

I also have the BRF LMBO  this is what people see  :flame:   this is how i really feel  i am always thinking  :scratchchin: & laughin at myself  :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Stevearino

Fortunately now that I am 59 people just assume I am supposed to be a grumpy old man so the concern and the questions have stopped . As I have aged I have also assumed a new super power. I am now becoming invisible. ;)

Quote from: Hemi Runner on June 10, 2015, 06:56:04 AM
I suffer from BRF as well! Lol. Car is looking amazing. I wish I were closer as I would love to see it in person.
Hopefully I will get this thing on the road some day before too long and I have promised the wife to forsake my hermit lifestyle and re join the human race for a bit so who knows maybe I'll be traveling your way with the car some day.