News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-8 Daytona Clone

Started by Stevearino, May 31, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

very good work i love your work your are an artist
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Stevearino

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on July 23, 2015, 11:31:49 AM
very good work i love your work your are an artist

That is a huge compliment coming from a someone in a country where art appreciation is practically a religion.

Stevearino

The internet is great. I can sit in a chair and shop for my paint supplies and they show up at my door. The only problem is besides work and my wife going to get supplies is my only human contact at this point. :lol:

Baldwinvette77

68pplcharger

Love mail order, pretty sure 75% of my car has been delivered to my door in boxes by mail order...  :icon_smile_big:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Stevearino on July 23, 2015, 03:41:21 PM

That is a huge compliment coming from a someone in a country where art appreciation is practically a religion.

thank you yess your car is a very good religion

Stevearino

Well I had just a few small fabrication jobs to take care of. I did not like the fit of the rear of the trunk lid to the tail panel so I cut the back of the trunk lid off and replaced it with a piece that blended out a little better. I also reworked the top of the tail panel to even out the seam. I had to make some transition pieces from the inner sill plate to blend into the 06 kick panels. I also filled in the signal lights on the hood. Since I am not going to run active signals I did not see the point in putting in the dummy pieces.  It took me a while to move the car into my home made  paint booth and I found out that I will have to build a 3 foot bump out to be able to work around the car with the nose on it . What's one more project? :shruggy:
Time to sling some bondo. :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Steve , you just made me think of something I'll throw out there for You to consider.  Whenever i do one of these care I buy a sacrificial trunk seal. The seal tends to totally change the way the deck lid fits . Especially the front part.

Do all the body work with the panel on and the seal installed . You will be glad yo did.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Stevearino

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 02, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
Steve , you just made me think of something I'll throw out there for You to consider.  Whenever i do one of these care I buy a sacrificial trunk seal. The seal tends to totally change the way the deck lid fits . Especially the front part.

Do all the body work with the panel on and the seal installed . You will be glad yo did.
I was kind of wondering about that. The trunk lid seems awfully prone to deformation.  Thank you.I will follow your advice for sure.

Baldwinvette77

Just me stating the obvious here "This is getting freaking epic"  :popcrn:  :popcrn:

Waiting for this car to be completed is like waiting for a new video game to come out... (it bugs me everyday)  :lol:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 02, 2015, 10:43:10 PM
Just me stating the obvious here "This is getting freaking epic"  :popcrn:  :popcrn:

Waiting for this car to be completed is like waiting for a new video game to come out... (it bugs me everyday)  :lol:

Agree on the epic....... :yesnod:

Disagree on the impatience........great things are worth the wait.

Besides.....with enough  :popcrn:, waiting isn't so bad.......

XS29L9B2

Stevearino

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on August 03, 2015, 08:56:36 AM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 02, 2015, 10:43:10 PM

Agree on the epic....... :yesnod:

Disagree on the impatience........great things are worth the wait.

Besides.....with enough  :popcrn:, waiting isn't so bad.......
Quote from: XS29L9B2 on August 07, 2015, 09:50:13 AM
very nice work

Epic? I don't know about that but thanks for the compliments.

Well it's a dirty job but it feels good after staring at this car in bare metal for so long to be finally mudding in the transitions.   :coolgleamA:

XS29L9B2

472 R/T SE

Well I now have 2 action camcorders with suction cups.  I hope I'm not too late?  I could prolly get something going within a week.

Stevearino

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 17, 2015, 05:17:07 AM
Well I now have 2 action camcorders with suction cups.  I hope I'm not too late?  I could prolly get something going within a week.
Do you mean to film this epic? :lol:

472 R/T SE

Guess you lost me.  Suppose to be 99 tomorrow & 95 Wednesday, back down in the 80's low 70's by Thursday. 

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 17, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
Guess you lost me.  Suppose to be 99 tomorrow & 95 Wednesday, back down in the 80's low 70's by Thursday. 

:shruggy: :shruggy: :ahum: :ahum: Huh?

Stevearino

Nothing really exciting to report here. Just bondo work. I needed a little inspiration so I mounted the wing to make sure there was a good fit to the quarter tops.
I also had to stop and deal with something that I had been kicking down the road. Turns out the Dodge Daytona is a very long car  :shruggy: so I had to add a 3 foot bump out to my makeshift spraybooth. I had also been putting off working on finishing the closeout doors but the Bondo is everywhere now so I had to stop working on the car and get this handled.

Baldwinvette77

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dyslexic teddybear

So much awesomeness in this one thread......some may spill over into adjoining threads......  :yesnod:

:popcrn: :popcrn:

oldcarnut

XS29L9B2

tnthull

Stevearino,

What's your ride height from the ground to the bottom of your rocker panels? And are you doing any rake or just level?