News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New voltage regulator. Retain capacitor?

Started by K9COP, June 06, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete in NH

Quote from: 69dc on July 18, 2015, 05:12:13 AM
You'd have to go back in this thread to read everything I have done to test these gauges, including testing the sending wire from the tank to the gauge and getting a full reading. I also tested the temp gauge by grounding the sending wire and got a full Hot reading. The temp sender is grounded by the engine block and the fuel sender is grounded by a new Mopar ground strap on the fuel lines.

I still think there are missing grounds. Try taking your ohm meter and measuring between the brass shell on the temperature sensor and the center pin. If the engine is cold the reading may be around 100 ohms or higher. Now try between the center pin on the sensor and a good ground point on the engine block, you should get the same ohm reading. I wonder if perhaps the thread sealer on the temperature sender such as Teflon tape may be insulating the brass shell of the sender from the engine block.

69dc

With the ohm meter set on the 200 scale I get .4 ohm between the sender brass shell and engine ground. From sender shell to center pin I get no reading.

Pete in NH

Okay, the shell is grounded to the engine block but, that open reading from the center pin to the shell means the sensor itself is no good and needs to be replaced. Try repeating the test with the meter leads reversed, if you still get no reading replace the sensor.