News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 06 Charger intered in car show

Started by RECHRGD, August 06, 2005, 07:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I went to a small town car show today and parked the '68 next to a new hemi Charger.  The owners were so excited to see me pull in next to their new car.  The wife was showing me all the simularities between the two cars; "see the rear ends are real close and there are the two tailights (hidden behind one big lens) like yours".  "The dash gauges are almost identical and the rear seat area looks the same."  Although I have problems with people putting brand new cars in car shows and I could not see ANY simularities between the two cars, I was polite and went along with them as they were drooling over my car and admitted that they liked it more than their new one.  They were nice people and excited about their new car.  I just couldn't bring myself to burst their new car bubble.  It's a nice car and I'm not as venomious as some others on this site about it, but I must agree it just should not have a Charger emblem on it.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mustanghater

I was going down a back road and in the middle of know were their was a 06 charger  in a drive way, the uglest car ever made
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BigBlackDodge

The owners were so excited to see me pull in next to their new car.

Next time park as far away from them as possible. ;D

BBD

TheGhost

Quote from: mustanghater on August 06, 2005, 07:29:01 PMthe uglest car ever made

Nope.  Not by a long shot.  There are many far uglier cars made.

Also, I hate it when brand new cars get entered into shows....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

KMPX2

They are the spawn of a station wagon and that is all they will ever be

Highbanked Hauler

Since it is a Mercedes at least they didn't use a REAL CHARGER emblem on the deck lid.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

I feel kind of sorry for people who are excited thinking they are buying into an established legacy just by virtue of a nameplate on the side of the car.  It isn't even the same company that made the real Chargers, it's just the company who bought them out.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ghoste on August 06, 2005, 11:05:43 PM
I feel kind of sorry for people who are excited thinking they are buying into an established legacy just by virtue of a nameplate on the side of the car.

:iagree:

Must have been the Chewelah show...

Man Bob, you're a lot nicer guy than I am. I wouldn't even have parked next to it. Well actually it might have been funny when people saw my "EVERYONE KNOWS THAT REAL CHARGERS DON'T HAVE FOUR DOORS" licence plate frame, and then saw what it was referring to right there.

Not sure how I would have acted towards the ignorant/naive people themselves. I just can't believe someone would buy a brand new family sedan and pay $20 to enter it in the show!!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Duey

Quote from: Ghost on August 06, 2005, 08:07:34 PM
Quote from: mustanghater on August 06, 2005, 07:29:01 PMthe uglest car ever made

Nope.   Not by a long shot.   There are many far uglier cars made.

Also, I hate it when brand new cars get entered into shows....

Yup, at the last Friday cruise that General Ryan and I were at, some guy brings in his 2005 Mustang GT...... :sick:  poseur!
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

RECHRGD

Quote from: FastbackJon on August 07, 2005, 12:07:20 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 06, 2005, 11:05:43 PM
I feel kind of sorry for people who are excited thinking they are buying into an established legacy just by virtue of a nameplate on the side of the car.

:iagree:

Must have been the Chewelah show...

Man Bob, you're a lot nicer guy than I am. I wouldn't even have parked next to it. Well actually it might have been funny when people saw my "EVERYONE KNOWS THAT REAL CHARGERS DON'T HAVE FOUR DOORS" licence plate frame, and then saw what it was referring to right there.

Not sure how I would have acted towards the ignorant/naive people themselves. I just can't believe someone would buy a brand new family sedan and pay $20 to enter it in the show!!

Jon, The show was in Spirit Lake.  Chewelah would probably have been even hotter than where we were.  I Think it was 95 degrees in Spokane.  I saw no point in giving him the "That's no Charger" stuff in front of his wife and kids.  No purpose would have been served.  I did mention the new car in a classic car show thing to him and it seemed to go right over his head.     Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BigBadCharger

I don't hate the new Charger as much as some people on the forum. I like the headlights and..... well that's about it. If I could get the SRT-8 for free, I would'nt mind.
How's your wife and my kids?

Runner

the 06 charger is anice car, they have a nice looking body and they run damn hard (id be willing to bet they will tear up a more than thier fair share of "the real chargers").      but that being said i see no real simularities between the 2 and dont think it should be called a charger.   they should have called it something different.    but they honestly they already basturdized the name plate when they stuck it on a dodge omni.

as far as new cars at car shows............   i remember going to the polouse show a few years back and seeing a few pt criusers thier and i thought that was silly,   now there are piles of pt's at car shows.   you will NEVER see my pt in a car show until it has a V8 in it :icon_smile_big:   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

FastbackJon

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 07, 2005, 12:47:34 PM
I saw no point in giving him the "That's no Charger" stuff in front of his wife and kids.  No purpose would have been served.
Bob

I agree Bob. It would have been kind of like calling a mentally disabled kid a retard. The kid just feels bad and it doesn't make him any less retarded.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Chris G.

Quote from: Runner on August 07, 2005, 04:04:32 PM
the 06 charger is anice car, they have a nice looking body and they run damn hard (id be willing to bet they will tear up a more than thier fair share of "the real chargers").      but that being said i see no real simularities between the 2 and dont think it should be called a charger.   they should have called it something different.    but they already basturdized the name plate when they stuck it on a dodge omni.

Well said Runner, but the OMNI was never labeled a Charger...at least I hope it wasn't. They did enough damage with the Charger name in the 80's, but most of these youngn's don't want to remember that for some reason.  

Here's a refresher...

bluesfool

Good for you Bob! I would have done the same thing you did...it just doesn't make sense to start an argument over something that really, in the big scheme of things, doesn't matter. I don't agree with entering new cars in shows either and it does get under my skin, but then I just walk away and everything is better!  :yesnod: Besides, the vast majority of people that attend those shows aren't interested in the newer cars so most people would be looking at your car as opposed to his anyway.

ChargerHound69

So can I still take my 82 charger to the show's?
:'(

RECHRGD

Quote from: Felony353 on August 07, 2005, 05:49:24 PM

NO !!   Well maybe.  Just enter it in the unclassifiable class. ;D ;D ;D
13.53 @ 105.32

Runner

Quote from: Felony353 on August 07, 2005, 05:49:24 PM

only if you park next to bob and tell him how the 2 cars are like twin sisters! :devil:    hey if you like your charger good for you! id like to haveone myself, with 14x32 hoosiers on the rear and a 572 inch wedge under the hood :yesnod:.

a aspen doesnt exactly grab me as a bad ass musle car either but that didnt stop ma from sticking roadrunner decals on them :sick:

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Ghoste

Silver R/T

I would just politely explain that its magnum sedan
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

andy74

i would tell them to fuck off! well maybe not in front of his kids,but the new cars enterd in car shows really pisses me off-i had a thread about this once before,if you are paying payments to the bank,park in the freakin parking lot!

mustanghater

hey I like the 80,s chargers their the perfect mopar for someone like me
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

SirNik73

The 80s chargers are actually cool. they are in the spirit of a muscle car in a time when muscle cars were dead. they arn't great historic cars. but i think they would be fun. i would rather have one of those cars then a new charger... a sporty compact econo car is more fun then a "sporty" 4000LB sedan
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Ghoste

Well, I mentioned somewhere before that the 80's Chargers were all we were going to get in the Iaccoca years so they have to be viewed in context.
This new thing could have been so much more and they decided to cop out.