News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

head light motor

Started by slyfox, June 12, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

:o Hi, I got the headlight motor rebuilt about 2 years ago, took a headlight relay switch off a 70 road runner,and I't work for a while, then the headlight doors would go up, but when I turn them off, the motor would keep on turning, so I got a headlight motor relay 70-74 Charger & C-Body from Year One, code number CHR70, installed it, same problem, didn't Start the car up for 3 weeks, battery only 1 year old, and trickled charged it all winter, so I know it's good, tried to start the Charger with the headlight motor connected and nothing, so I unplug the headlight motor and the ground, and it started no problems, but after 3 weeks of sitting , the battery is totally dead, recharged it, and it's keeping it charge, it's looks like I got a short somewhere, the only thing I did is change the relay, never had problems before, had the car for 4 years now, would like it to work like it's suppose to, any help would be greatly apreasiated.   Thanks  Sly

Topher

If the motor keeps turning the limit switches need adjusting.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

slyfox

slyfox

Hi Topher, How do I adjust the limit switches, and where are they, And I had to get a new battery, thank god it was under warranty, so I installed the old headlight relay back, connected the battery, as soon as I put the ignition on, the head light motor starts turning, I know there's a small white mark where the Rod goes trough, if I put  the head light doors half open the marks line up, Do I have the rod connected wrong?  Thanks  Sly

70 sublime

I bet if the motor keeps running the main gear is partly stripped and does not let the gear get to the end of the stroke to make the limit switches do there job
(that is what happened to mine)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Topher

It's covered in the service manual. I have copies of it, but haven't scanned it in yet. The motor has to be out in order to remove the switch plate. You may as well replace the gesr if you're in there. I have them availanle.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

slyfox

Hi Topher, well I took it apart, and I got a broken tooth on the gear, I got the thing rebuilt 2 years ago, 200 bucks from a guy in Montreal area, I got screwed on that one, you say you have a gear for sale, how  much would it be?, Thanks   Sly

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green