News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The survivors cars of the Lambrecht collection

Started by TruckDriver, June 26, 2013, 11:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Hidden away in rural Nebraska by a former Chevy dealer for nearly five decades, a trove of Chevy cars and trucks from the '60s that never drove further than a showroom will go up for sale this September.

CLICK THE LINK FOR THE WHOLE AMAZING STORY & VIDEO.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/scores-chevys-hidden-50-years-finally-sale-160911547.html

Lambrecht Chevrolet of Pierce, Neb., was like many Midwestern, small-town dealers — owned and operated by a family, with minimal overhead and little need for advertising since most customers were neighbors. Ray and Mildred Lambrecht ran the dealership with just one employee for 50 years before closing up, and later this year the Lambrechts will sell off a trove of 500-odd vehicles they've held onto over the decades — including roughly 50 with less than 10 miles on their odometers. It's less a car sale than a time capsule auction.

CLICK HERE FOR 16 PICTURES...  :o :o :o
http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/the-survivors-cars-of-the-lambrecht-collection-slideshow/survivor-cars-from-the-lambrecht-collection-photo-2081785299.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

At least you can have a brand new chevy from back in the day.  Too bad you have to restore it.  That would be a cool auction to attend though.

bakerhillpins

:o :o :o :o

Wow what a find.  I wouldn't restore anything, just clean them up and go.   :coolgleamA:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68X426

Wish there was a Mopar equivalent to this story.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mytur Binsdirti

Look at the ceiling falling down. What a shame that these cars weren't at the very least covered with sheets & plastic.

young99

Very interesting. I can not help but to think if the guys that had the lowest milage versions of these cars....not anymore  :P

Aero426

While the story is enchanting and will be posted and hyped on every message board at least four times between now and the auction...   all I see is a bunch of relatively ordinary dead cars that were not taken care of.   Well, at least they left the plastic on the seats and the windows rolled up. 

It will be interesting to see how many can be revived and cleaned up.  None of them apparently run.    All will need some kind of restoration.     They will provide great reference material.

duanesterrr

I live in Nebraska and if I am free that weekend I might go check it out.  I think it is pretty cool... especially the cars that have under 100 miles.  I am sure they will answer some questions in the restoration world about "how things were when they came off the line" to some extent.

Indygenerallee

Some major damage on the roof of that Cameo truck!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

DadsCharger00

I actually live 15 minutes from this location. I remember as a kid driving by the dealership with my parents and seeing all the cars. Many of them were outside, sitting right in the middle of town.  My dad always told me the story about how in the building there was brand new cars that he wouldn't sell to a soul.  Finally town got tired of all the cars sitting and cluttering town and required him to move them into the country (where most of them are now outside, in tall grass rotting away). They are located near the golf course in Pierce Nebraska. Shoot when I was in high school we would sit in the tee box and hit golf balls into the whole group of cars  :slap:. I'll be making the drive back to see all this.  Might not be mopar, but when else are you going to be able to see a "NEW" corvette from the 70's?

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 26, 2013, 03:35:15 PM
Some major damage on the roof of that Cameo truck!!

Not sure if thats the truck or not, but word has it one of the vehicles has a hole clean through the top to bottom of the car from where there was a drip in the roof.

Aero426

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on June 26, 2013, 03:37:38 PM
 Might not be mopar, but when else are you going to be able to see a "NEW" corvette from the 70's?

You might not have to work very hard to see that again.  The '78 Pace Car Vettes were going to be the "next big thing".   Quite a few were kept new in the wrapper.     

I was also curious about the damage to the roof of the truck.   Strange.   The truck is one of the cooler pieces.   

Indygenerallee

71green go

That damage to the cameo roof looks like the roof visor that screws on....

69hemidaytona

If these cars are still on MSO does that mean they will have a warranty? :slap:

Indygenerallee

QuoteThat damage to the cameo roof looks like the roof visor that screws on....
I must be blind because the blue chevy truck im looking at does not have a visor.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 68X426 on June 26, 2013, 01:05:32 PM

Oh there is... there is.

And a Ford one too with a Shelby in the back.  I don't have pics of that one.

ws23rt

If there were (and there may be) something like this that was mopar (and late sixties-early seventies). We would be all over it.
I see these cars through the eyes of those that live for them like we live for mopar.
These are the cars that judges need to study to put to rest much chatter about what was.

Ghoste

And that is likely their most valuable purpose at this point.

stripedelete

I read an article in the 80's about a Detroit dealer in the 30's 40's (maybe 50's) that stuffed his left over inventory in a city warehouse over several decades.  After the dealer went out of business the warehouse changed hands numerous times until 80's when someone finally checked out what was inside.  I vaguely remember them as Chryslers. 

I read the story.  It wasn't a recollection of a friend of a friend.  There were pictures of the cars and the warehouse.  However, I have never seen the story recycled or retold .  Is anyone else familiar with it?      

F8-4life

Improper storage is #1 destroyer of collectables. Look at the roofline on the 58 pickup, stored like common crap for years but when the auction time comes its all "priceless nos". lol

Dino

Quote from: stripedelete on June 27, 2013, 12:01:30 AM

I read an article in the 80's about a Detroit dealer in the 30's 40's (maybe 50's) that stuffed his left over inventory in a city warehouse over several decades.  After the dealer went out of business the warehouse changed hands numerous times until 80's when someone finally checked out what was inside.  I vaguely remember them as Chryslers. 

I read the story.  It wasn't a recollection of a friend of a friend.  There were pictures of the cars and the warehouse.  However, I have never seen the story recycled or retold .  Is anyone else familiar with it?      

I vaguely remember that story but I may have it mixed up with the old guy in NY who had a few hundred cars stored in a multi level warehouse.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chargerboy69

I know of one, and have seen them many, many times.  Not as many cars, maybe six or seven, but maybe 2 Max Wedge and  2 Hemi cars with less than 100 miles on each.  All special ordered brand new, all run down the track a few times within the first month, then put away. He also has a 62 or 63 Pontiac Catalina Swiss Cheese car with roughly 60 miles on it.  They are all in a small, run down building, nobody would ever know they are in there.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DadsCharger00

Quote from: chargerboy69 link=topic=102649.msg1213985#msg1213985 date1372340611

I know of one, and have seen them many, many times.  Not as many cars, maybe six or seven, but maybe 2 Max Wedge and  2 Hemi cars with less than 100 miles on each.  All special ordered brand new, all run down the track a few times within the first month, then put away. He also has a 62 or 63 Pontiac Catalina Swiss Cheese car with roughly 60 miles on it.  They are all in a small, run down building, nobody would ever know they are in there.

If no one would know they are there. ... would anyone know if they were to come up missing  :scratchchin: :rofl:

Ghoste

I get it, this is like one of those automotive versions of a tree falling in the forest right?