News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I stripe the new Chally or not?

Started by oldcarnut, June 27, 2013, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I bought this 2010 Challenger SRT8 last week and was wondering about stripes.  Do you think it would be better with stripes and which style or just leave as is?  Just curious as to other opinions while I think about it.  It already has some other aftermarket on it so maybe the stripes would be too much on the edge of too much.  Wish I had the Photoshop to try it out visually

JB400

Looks good without IMO, but make yourself happy

Indygenerallee

I would plasti-dip spray the hood matte black (It would save and protect your original paint) and when painting the hood I would plasti dip the header panel in front of the hood all the way to your chrome hood trim (because Challenger hoods went all the way to the front the new Challenger hood ismore like a original Cuda) and put a 70 T/A style stripe with SRT where it would say Six pack on the original stripe, would look real good with the T/A hood you already have!! I would also plasti dip the ducktail spoiler matte black as well per original 70 T/A! I like the chrome bumper trims! looks great!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ram07

Tilar

If it were mine I'd see if I could find someone that would swap me a decent 68 Charger for it and call it a day.  :stirthepot:

Actually it will look fine either way but if you do the stripes like the ones you posted, I would have the stripes about half that wide.   :Twocents:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

68X426

No.

The finest feature of the Challengers are the awesome "shoulders" of the car. Why hide them?

The hood in black would be great.

Here's a sample of a blue with stripe.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ponch ®

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 27, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
I would plasti-dip spray the hood matte black (It would save and protect your original paint)

I like the idea of blacking out the hood. that being said, you gotta be really careful when plasti-dipping over paint. I've heard horror stories of the plasti-dip "baking" on to the paint and taking it with it when you try to peel it off. its an extreme case, but youre better off just having it painted or at least wrapped in vinyl.

As far as stripes, the only ones I think look good are the ones that SRT's come with from the factory, but you can't really do that with your hood. You may be able to pull off some hockey stick stripes.

Don't take this the wrong way (I know, its a question personal taste, to each their own, its your car, etc)...but whats with all the chrome stuff? that's gotta go ASAP. Im neither here nor there on the louver, but all things being equal id take it off too. these cars are better with a "clean" look. :rotz:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ws23rt

My opinion is to leave it without stripes. The clean smooth lines break up too much for my taste with stripes. Mine has the hood treatment that I still like but does not take away from the shape of the car.

ws23rt

My opinion is to leave it without stripes.

Brass

My sister has a black 2008 SRT8, and she has been driving herself crazy with this very question.  I tried to help and provide some examples but it's such a subjective choice.  Good luck with what you ultimately decide.

Hard Charger

"old car nut"
do you have the vent kit for the T/A hood. or should I say lucky enough?

oldcarnut

Don't take this the wrong way (I know, its a question personal taste, to each their own, its your car, etc)...but whats with all the chrome stuff? that's gotta go ASAP. Im neither here nor there on the louver, but all things being equal id take it off too. these cars are better with a "clean" look. :rotz:
The car came with all of it on already.  I had doubts about the bumper treatments when I first saw pictures of it but after getting it and seeing in person they look pretty good imo and I'll leave them on for now. Almost resemble real steel bumpers until you tap on it. Got a lot of compliments on them and questions about where they could get some for their own cars but everyone has different tastes.  Except for the door handle covers,  I think the rest adds to the retro look.
Quote from: Tilar on June 27, 2013, 06:49:59 PM
If it were mine I'd see if I could find someone that would swap me a decent 68 Charger for it and call it a day.  :stirthepot:
I thought it was about time I got something that rode and handled real good and didn't need workin on half the time  :nana:
Quote from: Hard Charger on June 27, 2013, 07:26:16 PM
"old car nut" do you have the vent kit for the T/A hood. or should I say lucky enough?
No, its just the hood.  Stuff was added under the hood but no vents to the cold air intake swapped into it.  The 70 T/A clone I had and the lift off 6pack on the Coronet R/T was open and flushed out some hot air but it also let in rain, dirt, and whatever else got blown in.  I haven't seen the vented ones yet so maybe they don't let the elements in like that now.

Ghoste

Fitz73Chrgr

Stripes, yes.  Window louver, yes.  Chrome bumpers, no.  The back bumper looks like a bad mustache. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Fred

Black on blue always looks good.  :2thumbs:
Louver's are a pain. Hard to see out of and harder still to keep the back window clean. And don't look all that good either.  :Twocents: 
I thought they were a thing of the past.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tan top

Quote from: 68X426 on June 27, 2013, 06:54:46 PM
No.

The finest feature of the Challengers are the awesome "shoulders" of the car. Why hide them?

The hood in black would be great.

Here's a sample of a blue with stripe.

leave it as is or these stripes in white :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 27, 2013, 08:07:12 PM

Don't take this the wrong way (I know, its a question personal taste, to each their own, its your car, etc)...but whats with all the chrome stuff? that's gotta go ASAP. Im neither here nor there on the louver, but all things being equal id take it off too. these cars are better with a "clean" look. :rotz:
The car came with all of it on already.  I had doubts about the bumper treatments when I first saw pictures of it but after getting it and seeing in person they look pretty good imo and I'll leave them on for now. Almost resemble real steel bumpers until you tap on it. Got a lot of compliments on them and questions about where they could get some for their own cars but everyone has different tastes.  Except for the door handle covers,  I think the rest adds to the retro look.

I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it. I guess I just figured it was supposed to be there, but then again I liked all the chrome and stainless the old cars had. I've never been a fan of everything being the same color. Too monotonous for my tastes.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Cooter

As long as the stripes aren't those stupid "GT-40"- "Skunk" stripes, do what you will.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Removing those gawd-awfull chrome fake bumpers should be more of a priority. Painting the hood satin black looks good with that style scoop.

Bob T

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 28, 2013, 06:59:30 AM
Removing those gawd-awfull chrome fake bumpers should be more of a priority. Painting the hood satin black looks good with that style scoop.

X2, they let the fizz out of the can .

I'd go with white stripes actually and leave the hood blue , just my humble opinion
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

41husk

I have a 09 SRT 8 and had the same debate with myself,  I put the 70 style stripe down the length of the body with SRT8 cut out of the stripe at the front fender.  I live it and felt it helped the looks.  Sitting with no stripes next to a 70 challenger it looks way to thick in the middle, perfect with the stripe!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

oldcarnut

Quote from: 41husk on June 28, 2013, 10:24:35 AM
I have a 09 SRT 8 and had the same debate with myself,  I put the 70 style stripe down the length of the body with SRT8 cut out of the stripe at the front fender.  I live it and felt it helped the looks.  Sitting with no stripes next to a 70 challenger it looks way to thick in the middle, perfect with the stripe!
Can you post a pic?

oldcarnut

A couple of old Chally pics I used to have for comparison

odcics2

As mentioned: chrome bumper delete.

Have you considered a white longitudinal stripe, front to back?   Looks good and it's different...   

I saw a red one with that treatment and it looked real good!   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?