News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I stripe the new Chally or not?

Started by oldcarnut, June 27, 2013, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like the retro stuff....flat black hood would be cool
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

oldcarnut

Quote from: odcics2 on June 28, 2013, 03:22:00 PM
As mentioned: chrome bumper delete.

Have you considered a white longitudinal stripe, front to back?   Looks good and it's different...  

I saw a red one with that treatment and it looked real good!   :2thumbs:
like this one in black? Just saw this site from another post.
http://www.challengergary.com/catalog.html

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Ponch ®

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 28, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

Have you considered a white longitudinal stripe, front to back?   Looks good and it's different...  

i dig that one. accents the body lines. ive also seen it in "strobe" style.

Here's the thing: you have the hood w the scoop, the louvers, the chrome stuff, the mudflaps, and now you wanna add a stripe. It's gonna be too "busy". Again, its your car and you do what you like to it, but you may have to get rid of some of that stuff to keep it from looking like a Pep Boys special ricer. Blacking out the hood, losing everything else, and adding the stripe would be sufficient, IMO.

picture something like this (minus all the sponsor stickers, and keep your SRT wheels)

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

oldcarnut

I'm not saying I was wanting to put on a stripe.  I actually like it as it is, even the bumper treatments. I think it was all dealer installed but  :shruggy:. No, there won't be any 22's going on it  :apimp:  :lol:  But, what I asked for was opinions/ideas about whether adding some kind of stripe to the side or hood/trunk would go along with what's on there now to accent the blue or be too much but it doesn't sound like there's much of an option that's been seen.  I think the wide side stripes would be too much but the narrow one had possibilities.  I reckon like the Chargers either had qtr panel R/T emblems or stripes with vinyl RT cut out: its' just a matter of personal choice. I had both the qtr. emblems with an added painted stripe.

odcics2

YES!   That's the stripe.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 29, 2013, 10:57:33 AM

i dig that one. accents the body lines. ive also seen it in "strobe" style.

Here's the thing: you have the hood w the scoop, the louvers, the chrome stuff, the mudflaps, and now you wanna add a stripe. It's gonna be too "busy". Again, its your car and you do what you like to it, but you may have to get rid of some of that stuff to keep it from looking like a Pep Boys special ricer. Blacking out the hood, losing everything else, and adding the stripe would be sufficient, IMO.

picture something like this (minus all the sponsor stickers, and keep your SRT wheels)

That looks exceptional! I'd settle for that.   :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TruckDriver

I love that green one. Would look great in blue too  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 30, 2013, 11:46:52 AM
I love that green one. Would look great in blue too  :drool5:

yeah, that's the route im going with the wife's deep water blue Chally. She wants to trade cars for a while (oh poor me) so shell be driving the 08 Charger and Ill drive the Chally. Im even gonna switch the wheels to see how they look (oldcarnut...watch me prove you wrong about 22s  :icon_smile_wink:). But im either gonna black out the hood or go for some SRT style stripes.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ghoste

Lord Warlock

challengers need some kind of side stripe to break up the large sides of the car and make it appear shorter.  There are plenty of stripes available to choose from.  You may want to check out this site ... http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challenger.html

I'm kind of partial to the strobe stripe reminiscent of the cuda AAR,  I also like combining the side stripe with a hood stripe of some sort.   The TA hood kind of complicates stripes on the hood, but it can be done, the scoop is easy enough to remove to put a stripe on, then bolt the scoop back in place. 

I painted my scoop with organisol (same paint i used to paint the back panel of the charger, and the v21 hood treatment on the charger,  the difference was that i didn't want a textured surface, i just wanted it to match the stripes and the rear srt8 spoiler, so i wetsanded it smooth, then cleared over the entire hood so I could wash and wax it easier.  I also painted the sides of the ridges on the hood as a way to break up the expanse of yellow and add a little extra black to go with the TA scoop. 

I have the underhood ram air kit, from what i understand it doesn't fit on a 6.1 motor without a little fabrication along the front edge, i've seen it done on an srt8, but mopar instructions with the kit says it isn't compatible with the srt8s.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

AKcharger

Fred

IMO these high impact colours always look better with some black.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

I'd have to agree.  Otherwise, they look bright, but bland.

oldcarnut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 08, 2013, 11:27:52 PM
challengers need some kind of side stripe to break up the large sides of the car and make it appear shorter.  There are plenty of stripes available to choose from.  You may want to check out this site ... http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challenger.html
Thanks for the link  :cheers:  Made for a nice comparison with all the varieties on the cars.

oldcarnut

Finally got around to adding one.  Used the Yellow Jacket without the label. I like it

Mytur Binsdirti

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

AKcharger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

oldcarnut

Thanks  :cheers:  Well truth be told I've gotten to like the bumper and louvers.  Have received far more compliments on the look of them from people. Other Challys wanting to know where to get them.  If hadn't came with them then I probably may never have put them on but for now I'd do all of it again on the next one.  Just my preference and everyone has their own.  At least its got some individuality  not looking like a copy of the others in the parking lot

Ponch ®

Looks good w the stripe. but i have to reagree with the anti-bumper crowd.

Yeah, its a matter of preference, but so are mullets and crocs. :icon_smile_big: