News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

US Car Tools Connectors fitment issues?

Started by 68ChargerJMP, February 25, 2006, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I just bought a set of their connectors and looks like Im going to have trouble with them on my 68. Has anyone installed these on a second gen without problems? They act like they need to be bent at about the mid point to properly sit against my floorpan. If I put the front section in place, the rear portion is about 3/4 of an inch away from the pan. If I put the rear into position, then the front is down the same. Ive taken into account that some grinding will be neccesary to fit them perfect, but they are no where near close. Thanx.

firefighter3931

That doesn't sound right. It's possible that they were improperly manufacured at UScartool. Give John a call....he'll fix you up and make things right.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68ChargerJMP

Hey Ron. Yeah, I didnt try to fit them until Saturday,so they were closed when I did try to call. I'll try again Monday. They sure look good though.

phat69charger

68ChargerJMP
Has your charger ever been in a accident, or loaded down with a lot of weight?

68ChargerJMP

Its been in the family since new and I dont remember hearing of any major accidents. It may have had a fender bender or two but nothing major.

firefighter3931

Mike, I think Phat was asking because an accident can cause sagging in the chassis. As long as the doors open and close good and the gaps are normal then your car is fine. Sounds like the connectors were mispackaged or a boo boo was made on the laser cut when they were being made.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68ChargerJMP

Yeah I knew thats why he was asking. Thats why I was clarifying that it had no major wrecks, so I knew the frame would be alright. But, thanx for trying to help. I spoke with John at USCT, he said that it was odd, but  anything is possible. I told him I was going out to the shop in a couple of days to try to do some more test fitting on them, and would see if both sides were fitting the same. He said at the end of the day, if nothing works, he said he doesnt care if I painted them or ground on them, to box them up and send them back. Now thats a stand up guy for ya. Ill get some pix next time Im out there.

firefighter3931

Yep, i have to agree...John stands behind his stuff 100%  :icon_smile_big: Next time you're out there snap a few pics and post them so we can see what's going on. Fwiw, i've got the MP connecters in mine and they hang just below the floor. That might be another option for you if you can't make these work.

Ron

68ChargerJMP

Just wanted to say that the US Car Tools subframe connectors fit wonderfully. I was trippin'. I just needed to put a jack under the connector and give it a little help fitting into place. Man, am I sure relieved.

firefighter3931

Excellent news Mike  :2thumbs: Glad to hear it ! Snap a few pics for us to drool over after you weld them in, please !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

Tom_440

I also have John's connectors for my '68. My floor pan was a bit banged up, and I did have to do some grinding on the connectors. I like them alot!