News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air vs heater box...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, July 11, 2013, 04:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

are they two differenct boxes? i have a heater box and has one rad. inside it and i plan to upgrade to air and noticed the air rad has two rads stuck together.   it seems my current box i dont think can accomodate two rads inside it.

PlainfieldCharger

Yes, they are different. They have to make room for the passenger fresh air vent housing. :Twocents:

A383Wing

and modify the entire firewall to mount it

1974dodgecharger

Alright, thanks guys guess I'm gonna have to figure out a way to get air in the car without going all out and buying a new air box setup.

A383Wing

Ghoste

Unless you find one of the old underdash units the dealers used to sell over the parts counter.  I see them once in a while at swap meets or in wrecking yards.

Dino

Seems to me there's a lot of peeps getting rid of their A/C so why not find one of those and swap boxes? 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

firewall is different, heater controls are all different as well....trying to come up with every stock piece is gonna take some time & money....

Bryan

1974dodgecharger

looked at classic auto seems thats the way to go they have a complete kit, drop in, fill, and turn on some cold air all for 1300 bucks and works in cinjuction with my heater box.

NHCharger

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 12, 2013, 08:55:20 PM
looked at classic auto seems thats the way to go they have a complete kit, drop in, fill, and turn on some cold air all for 1300 bucks and works in cinjuction with my heater box.

That sounds pricey but by the time you track down all the pieces you need to convert your car to A/C it is worth it IMO.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel