News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Non-factory" color opinions

Started by Dreamin_A4_69, July 30, 2013, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamin_A4_69

It's actually quite a bit darker than that. I'm trying to add a picture I have saved of the color chips from 1969. It is technically "EA9" on Imperials only from the factory. I'm trying to add the jpeg I found of the color chips. I need to re-size it first.

Dreamin_A4_69

Dreamin_A4_69

Stroker,
You're making me wish I had a Batmobile in the driveway! :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :cheers: :drool5: :drool5:

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone!

69chargerboy

Quote from: stripedelete on August 05, 2013, 10:47:00 PM
Quote from: 69chargerboy on August 05, 2013, 02:41:46 PM
My 69 was B7 with B7 interior. I love my Mercedes Benz Brilliant Sliver with Black. Do What you want!  :Twocents: :cheers:

So was mine(B7/B7) and now it's silver with black.  I'm about 30-40 miles west of you.  We should get them together one day.

Dreamin, I wrestled with the same thing.   To stay "period", my compromise was 68 silver and that is my only regret.   Ironically, a Benz silver was the other choice.       

Your that close to me? Sweet. We should definitely meet up. Are you planning to attend the MoPar show in Norwalk Raceway this Sept 13-15? I don't mean to jack the thread... :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Dino

Quote from: Dreamin_A4_69 on August 06, 2013, 12:17:05 AM
I have seen so many pictures of Chargers on the internet, but haven't really noticed any like I'm thinking of doing mine. Without searching through old posts on the forum, does anyone out there have one painted in the '69 Imperial color Charcoal Metallic or any similar "modern" color? I'd love to see it in finished form! I'm thinking of going with the black vinyl on top. Not an R/T, so no rear stripe, or if I do, a factory style stripe without the R/T on it.

Someone just did a major mod job on a 70 and was featured at the last SEMA show.  It's a charcoal based color.  There's others but have no clue who's.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

Quote from: Dino on August 06, 2013, 08:08:48 AM
Quote from: Dreamin_A4_69 on August 06, 2013, 12:17:05 AM
I have seen so many pictures of Chargers on the internet, but haven't really noticed any like I'm thinking of doing mine. Without searching through old posts on the forum, does anyone out there have one painted in the '69 Imperial color Charcoal Metallic or any similar "modern" color? I'd love to see it in finished form! I'm thinking of going with the black vinyl on top. Not an R/T, so no rear stripe, or if I do, a factory style stripe without the R/T on it.

Someone just did a major mod job on a 70 and was featured at the last SEMA show.  It's a charcoal based color.  There's others but have no clue who's.
[/quote

:yesnod:  There are actually two that are pretty close in color to Dreamin's chip.