News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Superbird Trans cooler - instal help needed

Started by 70Sbird, August 12, 2013, 01:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Hi Everyone,
I'm getting deeper into the Hemi Superbird swap (new topic with pics to be created soon). I'm getting the trans cooler and lines fitted up and I'm a little confused. I tried searching but have not found much other than in the Hemi Daytona thread. As discussed there, the repop trans cooler has a bracket that would attach to the center grille support on a "normal" car without a nose. From the daytona pics - reposted below, it looks like two bent pieces of steel are used to support the center of the cooler, then attached to the core support. Is this also correct for a Superbird? also the cooler line routing looks to pass through the latch tray and crosses the core support at the area where the headlight harness goes, is that also going to be right for a Superbird?
Any clear pictures or diagrams/descriptions of the Superbird setup would be appreciated including the bracing and line routing
Thanks in advance.
Scott

Scott Faulkner