News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Locking political threads

Started by bull, July 20, 2005, 06:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I think this is one feature that should be carried over from the old site. Not that I don't like political debates, I do, I actually like them a lot but I think it fosters a lot of negativity that doesn't belong here.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I agree and unless Troy tells me otherwise thats the way it will be......

Political Threads will be locked!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RusTy/SE

Also threads of a religious tone. They may begin with good intentions but Religion as well as Politics are prickly subjects even in the best of times.

Russ

Drache

Ok I agree with the politcal threads being locked but as with the religious ones... I only think those should be locked unless they are trying to "convert" people?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RusTy/SE

There have been threads on Cuda-Challenger.com where religious opinions got out of line. Not a good scene.

Drache

Ok but don't lock a thread just because someone says something like "may God smile upon you" or something like that or we might have a religional uprising like the French!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on July 20, 2005, 06:42:08 AM
I think this is one feature that should be carried over from the old site. Not that I don't like political debates, I do, I actually like them a lot but I think it fosters a lot of negativity that doesn't belong here.
I agree (we need that smiley).

I don't recall religious topics getting out of control too often, but as with any topic that turns into a flame war, lock it too! :smash:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

I dont have problems with Christian religion
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Would it be safe for site members to pray together that the political topics stay away?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Telvis

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

KMPX2

Don't lock them just delete them all together

hemigeno

Quote from: KMPX2 on July 21, 2005, 12:10:10 AM
Don't lock them just delete them all together

Oh man, don't go down that road...   This isn't Moparts...     :rotz:

IMHO:

Lock the politicals,

only lock religious threads/references if they get out of hand

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 20, 2005, 05:27:19 PM
Quote from: bull on July 20, 2005, 06:42:08 AM
I agree (we need that smiley).

I don't recall religious topics getting out of control too often, but as with any topic that turns into a flame war, lock it too! :smash:

:iagree: Smiley is back.  :dancinglock:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Crazy440

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

Mefirst

Why not allow political threads and lock al the religious threads :yesnod:

About these threads.. I think its proven several times that these threads wont last long before it turns into a fight.. So I personaly dont want either one of these subjects to be discussed here... There are shorely many other forums where people can discuss politics/religion untill they turn red, but I dont think they should be discussed in a car forum.. Period...

/Tom