News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How can someone hate...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 18, 2013, 06:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Baldwinvette77

Homerr

The hole in the hood, blown Chevy motor....

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Homerr on August 18, 2013, 06:23:50 PM

no, the first 3 movies had brand specific engines, it wasnt until the 4th one everything got a chevy, i think i read this one had a 50's hemi, or a 440 or something  :scratchchin:

Daytona R/T SE

That whole series of movies sucks.

And so, that scene sucks right along with them.

Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.

And...

Sucks.

Patronus

Ya gotta admit, the blower does suck on there.  :down:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

myk

They hate that scene because their own car sucks...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lord Warlock

Actually, the charger with the blower through the hood had a small block chevy motor in it, and if i remember right, the blower wasn't actually functional. 

the FnF movies fall into the same category to me as watching DOH.  an exaggerated version of reality. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JB400

For some reason, car guys don't like to see their favorite cars on the silver screen in newer movies.  I don't know if it's because for most times, the cars get destroyed; or if it's because the general public gets to be a nuisance when they recognize your car as the car in the film; or if it's the fact that the general public wants that type of car to make a clone of the movie car.
But, the same car guys will gladly watch movies made back in the day and praise that movie when their favorite car gets destroyed in a blaze of glory.  I wouldn't mind knowing what the difference is.  The results are the same, but just at different times.  For me personally, I don't mind seeing our cars on tv and in movies.  It brings recognition to our cars and keeps them popular while other cars have to have modern replacements (Mustang, Corvette, and Camaro) to keep their classic image alive.

bull

Quote from: Patronus on August 18, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

But blowers are supposed to suck. :shruggy: They should be called suckers instead of blowers I guess. But then we drive on parkways and park on driveways.

JB400

Quote from: bull on August 18, 2013, 10:45:43 PM
Ya gotta admit, the blower does suck on there.  :down:

But blowers are supposed to suck. :shruggy: They should be called suckers instead of blowers I guess. But then we drive on parkways and park on driveways.
Gama Su   :yesnod: :lol:

Lord Warlock

these days i almost cringe when i see late 60s chargers in current movies, in almost every one, they manage to trash, wreck or demolish the old charger which is unnecessary at this day and age, get something less rare and stop ruining what few are left to us.  We almost never see them in public anymore.  Only time we get to see them is in the movies these days.  Was psyched to see the charger in "drive angry" but they managed to trash it as well.  They should trash a few motion camaros, or real yenkos or a boss 429 instead of always killing a charger instead.  I understand the charger looks fast sitting still, but its still no reason to ruin what few are left. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mike DC

AMD already makes 90% of the unibody today. 

Dynacorn will repro that shell sooner or later.

tan top

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 18, 2013, 06:26:11 PM
Quote from: Homerr on August 18, 2013, 06:23:50 PM

no, the first 3 movies had brand specific engines, it wasnt until the 4th one everything got a chevy, i think i read this one had a 50's hemi, or a 440 or something  :scratchchin:

yeah in the first one ,  you can see  its a whale motor  ( first generation hemi ) for the engine shot
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

remta1

Quote from: bull on August 18, 2013, 10:45:43 PM

great call  :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 18, 2013, 10:10:11 PM
For some reason, car guys don't like to see their favorite cars on the silver screen in newer movies. 

Perhaps it's not the cars, but the movies themselves. To me, the eloquent answer below pretty much sums it up as truer words have never been spoken......

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 18, 2013, 06:51:14 PM
That whole series of movies sucks.

And so, that scene sucks right along with them.

Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.
Sucks.

And...

Sucks.

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 18, 2013, 10:10:11 PM
For some reason, car guys don't like to see their favorite cars on the silver screen in newer movies.  I don't know if it's because for most times, the cars get destroyed; or if it's because the general public gets to be a nuisance when they recognize your car as the car in the film; or if it's the fact that the general public wants that type of car to make a clone of the movie car.
But, the same car guys will gladly watch movies made back in the day and praise that movie when their favorite car gets destroyed in a blaze of glory.  I wouldn't mind knowing what the difference is.  The results are the same, but just at different times.  For me personally, I don't mind seeing our cars on tv and in movies.  It brings recognition to our cars and keeps them popular while other cars have to have modern replacements (Mustang, Corvette, and Camaro) to keep their classic image alive.
Careful, or these jealous types will tell you are "ranting" even though truer words have never been spoken.
Only one reason they have to put down Chargers in newer movies, instead of just enjoying the motion picture for what it's worth...
Jealousy....hope that answers you question as to why there's a difference.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

Show me one muscle car movie made before 1979 that our hobby doesn't respect.  
Show me one movie made after 1985 that we do.    

Release date.  That's all we care about.  

--------------------

Bullitt . . . who watches anything other than the 10 minute chase?

Gone in 60 Seconds  . . . even our hobby delicately calls this one kind of "amateur".  But we still put it near the top of the good list.  Why is that?  Just because it's literally a demolition derby of muscle-era cars on film, making Dukes of Hazzard look tame?  Did that somehow become a good trait here?

Vanishing Point  . . . as if we would have anything good to say about this one if it came out today.   It feels like you're watching a disjointed pile of about 3 different movies edited together, and none of them were very good.

Two Lane Blacktop . . . was there a movie here?  Not much happened in the start & middle and I don't remember any ending at all.

And these are several of the most highly respected muscle car movies ever made.  

1974dodgecharger

funny you say that Mike all I do when I pop in that blu ray of bullit is go straight to the car chase scene and talk to my kids about it for 10mins....

This is a funny story I have to tell ya...I have a 10 year old daughter who took a poll in her 4th grade class it goes like this (while she tells her mother)

daughter: Im taking a poll who likes chargers or mustangs it can be the old ones or news does not matter.

(30 kids in her class and only one person likes the charger)

mother: so only one person liked the charger in your class
daughter: yeah it was a boy and he liked the new chargers
mother: wow ok...
Daughter: so I was watching that movie bullit with dad the other day and the bad guys were in dads old charger and that one good guy was in a mustang.  Does that mean that dad is a bad guy in real life....??
mother: (totale silence..........)

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 19, 2013, 07:50:39 AM

Show me one muscle car movie made before 1979 that our hobby doesn't respect.  
Show me one movie made after 1985 that we do.    

Release date.  That's all we care about.  

--------------------

Bullitt . . . who watches anything other than the 10 minute chase?

Gone in 60 Seconds  . . . even our hobby delicately calls this one kind of "amateur".  But we still put it near the top of the good list.  Why is that?  Just because it's literally a demolition derby of muscle-era cars on film, making Dukes of Hazzard look tame?  Did that somehow become a good trait here?

Vanishing Point  . . . as if we would have anything good to say about this one if it came out today.   It feels like you're watching a disjointed pile of about 3 different movies edited together, and none of them were very good.

Two Lane Blacktop . . . was there a movie here?  Not much happened in the start & middle and I don't remember any ending at all.

And these are several of the most highly respected muscle car movies ever made.  

maxwellwedge

What I don't love about some of these newer movies is that the cars are "frankensteins" ....chebby motors, goofy sheet metal etc. etc. The old movies were at least "real" cars. Other than that.....I don't care either way

duanesterrr

I enjoy the F&F movies.  They are a typical summer flick.  You have to check "reality" in at the counter when you buy your ticket stub.  I don't see why anyone would hate on them.  I would much rather watch a charger defy gravity then a rehashed superhero movie or some sappy drama.

While I don't like to see chargers destroyed I am guessing those cars are "50 footers" that are more AMD then anything.  I doubt they are taking a restored RT/SE and cutting it up for the movie.  If one charger gets blown up every 2 years for a movie seen by millions and it creates interest in the muscle car era it is worth it IMO.

elanmars

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 19, 2013, 12:28:01 AM
these days i almost cringe when i see late 60s chargers in current movies, in almost every one, they manage to trash, wreck or demolish the old charger which is unnecessary at this day and age, get something less rare and stop ruining what few are left to us.  We almost never see them in public anymore.  Only time we get to see them is in the movies these days.  Was psyched to see the charger in "drive angry" but they managed to trash it as well.  They should trash a few motion camaros, or real yenkos or a boss 429 instead of always killing a charger instead.  I understand the charger looks fast sitting still, but its still no reason to ruin what few are left. 

Are you sure you REALLY watched Drive Angry? It's the rare exception where a Charger DIDN'T get destroyed/trashed. Sure it may have gotten slightly beat up, but nothing a good body man or AMD can't fix. Nothing like the front and grille being destroyed, the car being toast, etc.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Lee

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 18, 2013, 08:09:27 PM

the FnF movies fall into the same category to me as watching DOH.  an exaggerated version of reality. 

Well said!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on August 19, 2013, 05:20:17 AM
Careful, or these jealous types will tell you are "ranting" even though truer words have never been spoken.
Only one reason they have to put down Chargers in newer movies, instead of just enjoying the motion picture for what it's worth...
Jealousy....hope that answers you question as to why there's a difference.

Jealousy; really? Cooter logic strikes again.    :yesnod:

JB400

Why do you like to see Cooter go ?  Are you trigger happy?