News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400 big block

Started by 71Charger1996, August 26, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Quote from: 71Charger1996 on August 28, 2013, 03:45:12 PM
If you're in Missouri come over and I will gladly show you. No disrespect but im doing what I can how I can I don't have the money to drive 70 miles to the nearest drag. I'm not shit talking I ran a high 13 or maybe low 14 then. I'm sorry guys I just want advice not why my car should be slow o get that enough. I'm not saying I know more buy i am saying i have been in my car when it goes down the road and I'm sorry to sound like an ass but i get told why it should be slow by people who have never been in it. Like i said it always surprises me

You are not sounding like an ass. You are sounding like someone that is learning. And you came to the right place to get that help.
If you get an answer that is not what you want to hear than take a time out and consider maybe you missed something :shruggy:

You will hear much from your friends and bench racers that move you to answer them.  It is best to hold your tongue with them a bit.

I get a kick out of those that will build a giant truck that needs a step ladder to get in it and they never take it off the road :lol:
They are showing their friends what their truck may do with out ever having to prove it to them. (Think of the cost).

My favorite thing in the street car world is sleepers.  They don't explain themselves. They prove themselves.

I had a 68 Hemi RR for years and had 383 hood tags on it (I got tired of the attention).  It was my daily transport and there were many times I answered another drivers question about it.  :nana:

You can make your car do almost anything you want but ask yourself the question.  Is it for you?   Or is it others?

After all it is your money you will be spending :cheers:

Btw Cooter gets right to the point but will not steer you wrong.  :P

firefighter3931

Nice looking Charger !  :2thumbs:

Get it on a chassis dyno and see what kind of power it's making and where the power comes in & levels off. Based on that Data we can make meaningful recommendations for increased performance.  :yesnod:

There are ways to make a smogger perform better  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71Charger1996

I really thank everyone for their help. I know I just get kind of aggravated about the car because my dad got injured at work and its kinda been our bonding point which is why I defend it so much. And Ron how much does a dyno roughly run? Price wise

cudaken

Quote from: Cooter on August 28, 2013, 11:51:59 AM
Quote from: 71Charger1996 on August 27, 2013, 11:34:47 PM
Thank you very much Ken. I just ran my car today and although it was a stop watch it ran a high 13. What could cause this to be if it should be 15s? That car surprises me everyday. The specs and setup everyone calls slow but it ram dang good today
leeme let you in on a little secret.....
Take to the track and you'll see. I can't tell you how many 10 second "drag cars" turn out to be 14 second "street cars"at the track....
No way in hell your gonna tell anything with stopwatch....what was your 60ft. Time? What was your reaction time??? Did you cut a perfect light???

While Cooter sounds a little harass he does speak the truth. If you are going to test on a back road, you need to mark out a quarter mile, have a flag person and someone timing from the finishes line. You PM me you ran a 13.70, with taking .5 second to hit the watch on start and .5 again to kill the watch that is    
14.70 and that still is a dam good time!

Couple of things, can you take a video with sound of the car at idle? Most of up here will have a good idea in the cam is stock or something bigger. If it is a Auto, take the video in gear.

Better Picture if you can. In the engine photo some of your hoses look to be braid stainless steel, not cheap! But, they could be slip on covers.

What part of MO do you live in? I live in Maryville IL, might as well say it is St Louis MO. I am 14 miles from the Arch. I be happy to look over what you have, I do like to help people when I can.

Cuda Ken, hoping to me you. :coolgleamA:
I am back

71Charger1996

im from around Kennet. Yea I could do something like that definitely. They are slip on I chopped cotton to buy that and the valve covers.

cudaken

Well you are 226 miles from me, boy that would be a haul!  :shruggy:

Ken
I am back

71Charger1996

Maybe we could split halfway sometime

71Charger1996

Oh and I was the watch guy at the finish my dad was driving and he spun a bit and the sound as it passed was amazing on a more personal note. Ha.

cudaken

Don't they have a AP for Smart Phones with GPS that can give you quarter mile times?  :scratchchin: If they do, I might need a smart phone.  :lol:

Ken
I am back

ACUDANUT

Cuda Ken, I have Kin folk in Freeburg IL.  :cheers: