News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt restoration

Started by mopar4don, September 01, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Don,
your more than welcome , been watching this from the start , and like Mitch , you didnt loose the faith when car was a lot worse than first thought
most would have given up,  :2thumbs:
your hard work is starting to pay off , car will be better than new

mopar4don

Those quarters I bought back at Christmas time.....
here they are being test fit on the thing that might someday be a car!

mopar4don

I am pleased with the fit

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

That has to be a pleasing sight Don.  :cheers:

Cncguy

Don, this is the first thread I look for when logging into dodgecharger.com. I'm so looking forward to updates. Keep up the great work! :popcrn:

mopar4don

Quote from: mopar4don on March 24, 2015, 08:17:49 AM

Quote from: Cncguy on March 24, 2015, 07:01:41 AM
Hey Don, How come you didn't use the rockers from the coronet?
The coronet rockers were a bit different on the ends, not to mention where the b-pillar joins at the rocker.
I will try and get a couple of pics for you.

Here are those pics I promised

mopar4don

couple more

Cncguy

Thanks Don for the look at those Rockers. I think I'll just cut patches out of mine.

freddyd02

Awesome build! So glad i stumbled upon this one  :popcrn: :popcrn:

mopar4don

Here are a few pics of some misc parts in the booth getting some epoxy applied.

fy469rtse

better than new ,
any one for a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle, with no lid picture as a guide , Don's your man  :2thumbs:

mopar4don

Quote from: fy469rtse on March 31, 2015, 01:30:16 AM
better than new ,
any one for a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle, with no lid picture as a guide , Don's your man  :2thumbs:

Kinda like this?

mopar4don

On to the next fix, the tail panel.
My original was really bad but I picked this one up this past fall. I really thought this would be good. Until I blasted it!
Before blasting

mopar4don

After blasting

mopar4don

It had some issues... but luckily I had a few extra pieces that I could get some patches from.
This is the original tail panel that I used to patch the RT side.

mopar4don

Here is the right side patch and how I fixed it.

mopar4don

I really like to get my patches to fit with no gaps if possible. (I get less blow through when welding a tight patch)

mopar4don

This pic shows good weld penetration from the back side.

mopar4don

I didn't get a fully completed pic, but these last two show it real close to being done.

Stevearino

Based on what you have repaired up til now you will be able to patch that tail light panel with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back. :2thumbs:

mopar4don

Quote from: Stevearino on April 06, 2015, 07:59:33 PM
Based on what you have repaired up til now you will be able to patch that tail light panel with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back. :2thumbs:
Thanks Stevo, But I need all my senses when dealing with this car!

keepat

Great work! Nice job salvaging that tail panel with parts from the original panel!
Pat

fy469rtse

Don , hate to add to your work ,
but trial fit your tail lights, even the factory was off , and on some cars you could see the lights were uneven, its the buckets ,
repop panels even worse than the originals , hopefully all good 

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on April 06, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Great work! Nice job salvaging that tail panel with parts from the original panel!
Pat
Thank you Pat. Trying to save money you know.

Quote from: fy469rtse on April 07, 2015, 02:01:04 AM
Don , hate to add to your work ,
but trial fit your tail lights, even the factory was off , and on some cars you could see the lights were uneven, its the buckets ,
repop panels even worse than the originals , hopefully all good 
fy469rtse, that is a good point, I hadnt thought of.