News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

burn notice charger sold...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, September 03, 2013, 10:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

Just a stunt car.  I was going to say that it was a great deal for the buyer had it been the car they used in the close ups.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

bakerhillpins

IIRC the car they used in the close ups was kinda beat up. Looked like they had spray bombed the interior white, including the steering wheel which was showing black under from wear.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mike DC

The film crew whitened all the interiors for the show from the looks of them.  The cars looked pretty ratty inside during the first 1-2 seasons but they were looking better in the more recent shows.   

It's easier to photograph the inside of a car when the interior is some kind of pale low-gloss color like that.  Not to mention making it easier for the actors to survive in Miami's summer heat.

Montclaire

There is really not a lot out there about these cars.  They had three at the auction, I was going to bid on one of the two better ones but they were pulled the day before and only the stunt car was sold.  The stunt car has an SE grill and most of the interior is gutted.  It also has what appear to be ford police car wheels and the hood scoop is chunkier.  It had what was left of a rallye dash.  The other two cars looked pretty complete and identical save for the headlight bezels - one car has silver ones and the other gold tone.  I would have to think this is intentional but what it completely means I have no idea.  Maybe one has AC and the other does not, who knows.  I did notice that the gold tone car has non-tinted glass, so I assume that was the close up car. 

The cars are meant to reflect a 1973/74 base model Charger in TX9 with a white interior.  The wheels are Magnum 500s and the hood sports a "six pack" scoop.  The cars have some difference from a stock interior - white column and wheel, two tone dash, and the door panels have the woodgrain sprayed white.  The steering wheel itself is not from a Dodge, it's from a Plymouth.  All engine shots have shown a small block with AC and auto on the column.  The stunt car was a slap stik. 

I have no idea how many cars they went through, but at least one was destroyed for filming. 

Mike DC

The one they destroyed in a car chase a few years ago looked like a total wreck they slapped together just for that scene. 

Ignore the storyline of the chase and watch the individual shots.  I'm not convinced that car was ever onscreen for anything besides the actual explosion & burning.