News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood clearance with Edelbrock air gap intake.

Started by whitehatspecial, March 01, 2006, 11:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitehatspecial

I'm installing a 340 to replace the 318 in my '68 Charger. I'd like to use an Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap intake with a Holley 670 Street Avenger carb. Has anyone used this setup on their small block? Are there hood clearance issues?
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

firefighter3931

No Problem....a 440 with the performer rpm clears the stock hood with a drop base aircleaner. Your's should clear with ease !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

NHCharger

Never hurts to check with some play-doo or modeling clay before you slam the hood. With the intake on my 318 and a standard eddy carb I still had to grind down the top of the wing nut on the air cleaner.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Headrope

If neither Play-Doh or clay are available you could tear the crust off a couple pieces of bread, roll it into a ball, put it on top of the air cleaner and slowly lower the hood. Not only will it help check clearance, but it makes for a great snack and if you do it enough and you can drink extra beer without getting an upset stomach.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

kamkuda

I am using the air gap with a 360 and I needed a drop base air cleaner to fit in my cuda.  I would bet the charger may be the same