News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow, that was easy!

Started by Monziac, September 12, 2013, 07:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monziac

I was dreading pulling the dash out of my 68 Charger, but a couple bolts and a few wire connectors and its out. I should dread more projects in the future!   :cheers:

Jon

Ghoste

That's the way though, just jump in there and do it!  :cheers:

Fred

Some days things just fall into place.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Disassembly is the easy part.  Remembering how it all goes back together again :brickwall: :lol:  These cars a fairly easy to work on.  Just jump in and go. :2thumbs:

Dino

I always dread every project and will think of anything that can go wrong before I start.  When it does go wrong, it was expected and I can stay cool, calm and collective.  When it turns out good however, it's time for a small celebration.  Makes for a fun day in the garage that way.

That technique is a tip from my wife and it works like a charm!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

No, no, no.  You've got to go at it with a positive attitude. You'll be surprised how easily the mind is fooled into thinking it's going be a doosy of a day.
Think of the fun you'll have proving it wrong!  :lol:
Starting off in the negative isn't any fun at all.

Monziac

I agree with Fred, you have to be an optimist! I wouldn't do this if I hated or dreaded it. I just expected this to be harder. It started out as just removing the pad and after seeing what was involved, I removed it.  I am changing colors so it needed painted anyhow. :cheers:

Fred

And when you go to put it back in, go at it with all the optimism you can muster. Be positive, stay calm and relaxed and you'll find it will all come together for you without too much grievance.

Optimism is definitely the best attitude.   :2thumbs:    :cheers:

Ghoste

Good advice for about anything Fred.

Dino

Let me rephrase that.  I don't dread the job, I go in thinking things will go wrong.  When they do, it's ok, when they don't it is great!  I learned that lesson again when I was going to fix my header leak real quick.  Yeah that worked out well!   :lol:

I do enjoy working on the car but I am well aware that not everything goes to plan. 

At this moment my car has been sitting on stands for several weeks now, but everything has gone great and I'm actually taking this a step further.  Things can still go wrong, but if they do I will be prepared for it.

If I can make some time today I'll be pulling the positive battery cable and all associated wiring.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Monziac

Label stuff as you remove it and assembly is actually fun! I always cut hundreds of small cardoard squares with holes in them and I use them to keep hardware with trim etc. I spin it onto the bolt, clip etc to keep it with the piece. Also photos are invaluable!  I can put together a GM A-body with my eyes closed, but this is my first Mopar.  

Fred

That's exactly what I did. Numbered and labelled everything and took pics of the more intricate stuff.
And guess what..............when I finished putting it all together again............not a single screw was left over.  :2thumbs:
And with the things I may not have remembered, the pic worked every time.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Monziac on September 12, 2013, 07:50:37 PM
I was dreading pulling the dash out of my 68 Charger, but a couple bolts and a few wire connectors and its out. I should dread more projects in the future!   :cheers:

Jon

Is yours a non-A/C car?   I seem to remember hooking my heater and A/C control slider wires back up being major PITA.

TexasStroker

Quote from: Fred on September 13, 2013, 10:37:02 PM
And when you go to put it back in, go at it with all the optimism you can muster. Be positive, stay calm and relaxed and you'll find it will all come together for you without too much grievance.

Optimism is definitely the best attitude.   :2thumbs:    :cheers:

x2.  As Ghoste said, it applies across the board!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!