News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Bracket is Correct ??? & assorted questions for Daytona

Started by Speedfreak, September 19, 2013, 08:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I believe I used the short one on my Daytona, I'll double check. It doesn't screw into anything. The end fits in a slot on the backing plate on the firewall.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Speedfreak

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2013, 09:15:48 PM
The length depends if you have powered or manual brakes. The longer one goes to the power cars due to it having to reach up over the booster. They aren't screwed in, they fit into a slot on the back of the backing plate...

Troy

OK, thank you, then I need the long one.  How about paint, was it painted with the booster or was it added on later with the natural finish shown??

hemi68charger

Quote from: Speedfreak on September 19, 2013, 09:18:13 PM
The length depends if you have powered or manual brakes. The longer one goes to the power cars due to it having to reach up over the booster. They aren't screwed in, they fit into a slot on the back of the backing plate...

Troy

Should be natural, not painted.........

OK, thank you, then I need the long one.  How about paint, was it painted with the booster or was it added on later with the natural finish shown??

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Speedfreak

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2013, 09:21:58 PM
Quote from: Speedfreak on September 19, 2013, 09:18:13 PM

Troy

Great, thank you.  Always know I can depend on you, Troy, when I have a Daytona question up! :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Speedfreak on September 19, 2013, 09:38:15 PM

Great, thank you.  Always know I can depend on you, Troy, when I have a Daytona question up! :cheers:

No problem..... The obvious end of the bracket fits into the slot and when the bracket is positioned into its final orientation, the other tabs places pressure of the plate so it doesn't move. MAKE SURE you position the bracket's end into the slot of the backing plate BEFORE you tighten it all the way.
Troy

Speedfreak

OK, thank you for the further explanation, probably saves me about an hour trying to figure it out :shruggy: