News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PayPal Scam!

Started by Charger4404spd, July 20, 2005, 06:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Just a little heads up for the people that use PayPal. I received an e-mail from "PayPal" wanting me to update my info for their records. The email had a nice little "PayPal" logo inserted, but the link they provided was bogus. SOme off the wall IP address.

Most of you probably could tell the difference, but just in case...

ChargerRob

Thanks for passing it on.  :2thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Telvis

I get emails like that from Paypal and Ebay all the time. I almost fell for it the first time. I never click and links I get in emails. If there is a problem you will find out when you log into your account the normal way. Those phishers scam a lot of people everyday. They are pretty slick. Imagine what they could do if they directed the energy toward something constructive.

my73charger

Yep I receive those spoof emails almost daily from fake paypal and fake ebay scammers.  They want your identity.

Silver R/T

i get those regularly, from ebay too
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

B5 Charger

Forward those to www.spoof@ebay.com or www.spoof@paypal.com and they will investigate them.