News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger leaf spring help

Started by 73chargercali, March 02, 2006, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargercali

i have been trying to buy a set of heavy duty leafs for awhile now and mancini racing told me that their springs are round in the front and in 1973 dodge put a soft ride spring in their b-bodys so it has an oval front perch their solution was a whole lot of extra parts that they sold for about $90 each? so i called yearone and they assured me that their springs have all hardware needed to use their springs on my car.

my question is has anyone used yearones leafs on their 73/74 and had any issues? my car has to have new leafs since the old ones are light dudy and completely shot.

RD

dont know if this helps, but I bought a set of HD springs from summitracing back in 2001 and they bolted right up no problem.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1970440RT

The springs I got from Mopar performance for my 73 bolted right up.  No specific part # for 73 and up as far as I know.  Not sure what Mancini is talking about because the springs on my 70 Chally use the same hardware. 

73chargercali

ok thats good that no one had any problems i just cant wait to get the heavy duty springs. i have an old set of adjustable shackles on the back and just put it on the highest seting, it looks mean but i still don't have enough room to install/use my new pinion snubber.

1973_WP29P

Have you pulled the leaf springs off yet?

I had ordered a set of poly bushing for my 1973 from Energy Suspension. They had a foot note saying with oval front bushing, but when I pulled mine off it has round front bushings ???. Mine has a production date of 9/13/1972, so I don't know if mine has 1972 leafs or 1973 leafs?

If someone else runs into this problem with Energy Suspension, just give them a call. They will tell you to send them the oval bushings and will send you back the round ones. They were helpful and easy to deal with. Also if you have this problem measure the bolt diameter, that was also different on mine.

Wow, never thought of it till now, the rear swaybar is larger than what it calls for. Could this be because it has a 1972 bar on it?

Rod

hemihead

The oval bushings were 73-up being yours are round could be that it is a 72 carry over parts thing or the springs may have been changed already.The springs with the oval eye tended to split the eye.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin