News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New ballast no power...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, October 09, 2013, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Since i changed the ign coil to a msd coil 2 it saids to use their ballast thats .8 ohms.  Ok i did that and turned the key and heard a pop and all electric dead.  Well i said füçk it put back the stock coil and waited 2 mins and viola car started on first fire.

What gives? Msd told me to buy this ballast due to the fact they said im using their ign coil.

Btw i have a two ballast setup one on top of the wiper motor and one next to orange box i only used one msd at the orange box.

A383Wing

ballast on top of wiper motor has nothing to do with ign coil...that is for the 2 speed wiper

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on October 09, 2013, 08:29:39 PM
ballast on top of wiper motor has nothing to do with ign coil...that is for the 2 speed wiper

Ahh thx wing but still odd using msd ballast gave no powered.....

myk

Bad ballast out of the box.  You're not using their ignition box too, are you? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on October 09, 2013, 09:35:34 PM

Good call myk bought another one put her in and she fired on first crank.......now to return the bad one.

Dino

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 09, 2013, 10:58:09 PM
Quote from: myk on October 09, 2013, 09:35:34 PM

Good call myk bought another one put her in and she fired on first crank.......now to return the bad one.

From time to time he actually makes sense, that's why we keep him around.   :D   :nana:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.