News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody repopping rear window plugs (metal ones)

Started by gymratt30, October 16, 2013, 09:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gymratt30

Need to find one for our white superbird. (Jack at JMI is gone now) ...any other makers?
Thanks in advance guys!
mike and Michael Hill
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

hemi68charger

You may wanna get ahold of AMD, there was talk they were doing the 500/Daytona and possibly the Superbird plug too........ I'll ask Mike G. as well......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

:Twocents: I can ask somefriends that cut window plugs out of superbirds that got parted.To see if they have or will sell Maybe a wanted ad in both wingcar newsletters might turn one up if repos arent available yet
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DAY CLONA

I only offer the Daytona plugs in steel, the Superbirds plugs I offer are in fiberglass....reason being, the Superbird plug is finished in a more superficial look with the diamond plates and vinyl roof covering the seams,  where as the Daytona is molded into the body,...if your considering a fiberglass plug drop me a PM here on DC.com

Mike

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gymratt30

thanks guys.  Stu...  email sent to D Currie

Doug, I don't know if ill have a lot of time to run a ad, GYC sent me a email asking if I wanted to try to find a metal one or have them order a glass one.
(looks like they about ready to weld / glass one in.}
Used from a donor car would be fine too. Id Just prefer a metal plug...but if I cant find one...glass will work.
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

Speedfreak

Quote from: moparstuart on October 16, 2013, 11:26:10 AM
  don currie can make you a steel one 

umcandprops@yahoo.com

or
     umcprops@telus.net

Sent him a message myself a few days back about rear window plug for an upcoming project, he never responded.  Guess he does not make them :(

moparstuart

Quote from: Speedfreak on October 21, 2013, 06:57:47 PM

umcandprops@yahoo.com

or
     umcprops@telus.net

Sent him a message myself a few days back about rear window plug for an upcoming project, he never responded.  Guess he does not make them :(
he does make them there are great pictures on here in his personal superbird build thread

moparstuart

here is the thread
    don is a master of metal and can make most stuff for a bird , he made his own 70 coronet fenders even
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94587.msg1097432.html#msg1097432

Speedfreak

Quote from: moparstuart on October 21, 2013, 08:48:15 PM
Quote from: Speedfreak on October 21, 2013, 06:57:47 PM

umcandprops@yahoo.com

or
     umcprops@telus.net

he does make them there are great pictures on here in his personal superbird build thread

Thanks, then I guess he does not want to be bothered at this time. 

DonC1

Thanks Stu!  :2thumbs:

I do make the bird plugs and I did respond to a few people.....what's your first name Speed?

Speedfreak

Quote from: DonC1 on October 21, 2013, 09:00:13 PM
Thanks Stu!  :2thumbs:

I do make the bird plugs and I did respond to a few people.....what's your first name Speed?

My name is John, I sent a message asking for pricing on the window plug.   What else do you make for the wing cars? Nose, wing, latch tray, z bars? I am putting together an upcoming Daytona project and am getting part together now.  When can you deliver?  I am sure other members would like to know these things, so if you answer them you can avoid needless emails sent.  Looking forward to knowing these things.  Thanks.

nascarxx29

I looked and asked around for a original plug. I had a spare window plug less glass and chrome .Leftover from our FM3 Conv superbird build .Guy I sold it never got back to me .Dave Patik or Doug might have a N.O.S one 

nascarxx29

DonC1

John, many top quality parts available for the Daytona from the guys here...Larry R, Dane, others. Up to a year for a metal Daytona/bird nose cone from me as it's standing now. I can do the bird plug in about 6 weeks as it's pretty straightforward and other small parts as quick but not the nosecones.

Hemi Runner

bigdogdublin

rob-dirt

Quote from: bigdogdublin on November 21, 2016, 01:08:01 PM
Mine is made by Don Currie.

Don C  how much is you metal plug  ? ? have a friend need one for a clone project 

oldcarnut

Quote from: bigdogdublin on November 21, 2016, 01:08:01 PM
Mine is made by Don Currie.
Got any pictures of the install?  I ended up selling mine and went with Janaks glass unit.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: DonC1 on October 23, 2013, 01:55:27 AM
John, many top quality parts available for the Daytona from the guys here...Larry R, Dane, others. Up to a year for a metal Daytona/bird nose cone from me as it's standing now. I can do the bird plug in about 6 weeks as it's pretty straightforward and other small parts as quick but not the nosecones.

Hi Don. I am in the market for a rear window plug for Superbird myself. PM sent

And a question for Gymratt. What happened to the white bird? Why is it back at GYC and why the need for a new plug? Inquiring minds want to know.

jonw29

There is a guy that took over Jacks business,he is in Commerce Ga.I will find out his name.

held1823

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 23, 2016, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: DonC1 on October 23, 2013, 01:55:27 AM

Hi Don. I am in the market for a rear window plug for Superbird myself. PM sent

And a question for Gymratt. What happened to the white bird? Why is it back at GYC and why the need for a new plug? Inquiring minds want to know.

look at the date of his original post. i'm thinking it was pre- restoration?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

jonw29

I am going to post his info,maybe someone else will need it.
Jim Davis 770-403-0554.

Moparpoolman

from charger discussion

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,126612.0.html

a12butterscotchbee

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Daytona and Superbird Steel Components
« on: Today at 04:37:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hello Fellow Mopar Fans,

Allow me the opportunity to introduce myself: My name is James Davis. I just joined  this forum and want to take this opportunity to announce specific wing car components  we hand-craft at my facility here in the peach state: Georgia.  

Jack McCaughey (JMI/wingcarfab.com) was a close and talented friend who manufactured steel noses, steel rear window plugs and various other wing car specific parts for fellow enthusiasts.  Although Jack has passed, a tradition of producing these components will now continue as a tribute to my departed friend.
Although it has taken much time, effort, determination, and patience, success in fabricating these components has been achieved.  All equipment, tooling, templating,and a host of original parts Jack utilized in his operation has been relocated into a 1940's era dealership I call home. My background includes engineering and machining working in the aerospace industry.
Current reproduction rear glass and trim offered for sale for all three aero cars was patterned from original components I supplied to the major manufacturer. This greatly reduced the possibility of a bad fit of the reproduction glass into our rear plug for either a 500, Daytona, or Superbird.
The steel noses for either car are fabricated, assembled (held together with sheet-metal screws), crated and shipped in an un-welded state. However, for absolute best fitment, I prefer a "tailor-built" approach to a particular car due to the many factors that influence overall nose fitment.

If there is interest, I will respond with images and information-just ask.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you soon.

James