News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger headrests

Started by drrlegion, October 18, 2013, 12:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drrlegion

Hi,

I´m restoring my 69 Charger, originally interior Dark Green but currently black, and I´d like to restore it in Green again.
I´ve found most of the parts but the headrests, so does anybody know where to find a pair of headrest in Green color? I´m looking for a new pair, if not, an used but in good condition pair.
Otherwise, is it possible to repaint them in Green color? What kind of paint should I use?

Thanks in advance.

Ghoste

You can dye them.  SEM makes about the best product for that in my opinion.

bill440rt

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=36

Or, time to scrounge the swap meets, online searches, etc for good used ones.
You can also check with Kruisin Moons, they sometimes have restored ones in stock.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

drrlegion

Thanks Ghoste, Bill440rt for your help and ideas.
I´ll try it.

twodko

X2 on SEM products.There is a company that restores headrests and has others to sell. I'll try to find the joint and post up when I do.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

twodko

That's the joint, thanks for finding it.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

fy469rtse

There is also reproductions made , a friend of mine got his from PG classic, early ones were ordinary, but recent ones close to my originals,