News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about my VIN tag.

Started by Syreal_70, October 29, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

There is an H51 on the fender tag.  I think on the Six Pack cars the air conditioning exemption only applied to four speed transmission ones.

polywideblock

fender tag calls out e87 -6 pack and h51- air cond.    that's a big no no from the factory    :scratchchin:   original owner  must have had a heap of cash or knew someone at mopar

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Syreal_70

Its the right tag for sure. Didn't know that about the A/C hmmm very interesting. Well I guess I found a rare one. How could someone order an option like that? is it like a Copo Camaro?  Eric
1970 Charger V Code Sublime 6 Pack - AKA The Mysteriess

Ghoste

Not exactly like a COPO, it would have to be like polywideblock said and someone had an inside connection high up.

bill440rt

A/C was not available with a 6-pack.
Well, this just got real interesting.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

The 70 Charger dealer guide shows you could get it but this copy of the dealer order form shows you could not.  Since the order form was printed after the dealer data guides, I would go by that.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/Order_Form.html

Syreal_70

Is there anywhere to order original documents, like Pontiac Historical has, for this car?

polywideblock

welcome to the site   :cheers:
                                       sorry  missed it the firs time   :slap:  that's one interesting car you've bought , need to see some pics please   :yesnod:

Syreal_70

Thanks I will post some more tomorrow.

Ghoste

Unfortunately, there isn't anything like Pontiac Historical available.  Thats part of why the registries have become so important with the Mopars, it's one of the best tools we have now to grow our knowledge base and help the hobby going forward.

Syreal_70

OK thanks. Looking forward to learning and expanding my knowledge on this car. Eric

polywideblock

have to agree with ghoste   :2thumbs:    the 70 registry  and here's a decode it your self site for your fender tag    

http://www.genocide2600.com/~traviso/mml/bodydecode.html#a

could it be a mistype for h41 strato- vent option ? dash vents are the same as air cond. vents  aren't they  :scratchchin: this and the 6 pack makes sense

A383Wing

no, dash vents are different..my 70 does not have AC and does not have the center outlet vent above ashtray

plus his car has the AC controls....

polywideblock

Ghoste

I thought the Strato Vent didn't begin until 71?

A383Wing

Quote from: bill440rt on October 29, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
A/C was not available with a 6-pack.
Well, this just got real interesting.  :scratchchin:

Factory AC was also not supposed to be available on 66 Chargers that got a 4spd manual transmission either, says the dealer sales booklet, but I know of 3 cars that do exist that were made...all factory cars

Daytona R/T SE

The six pack air cleaner won't fit with the A/C compressor without modifying the air cleaner. :Twocents:

Does the car have 3 speed wipers ?  :shruggy:

polywideblock

back to being a very interesting car    :scratchchin:

69CoronetRT

Fleet book. No A/C with 440-6: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/FleetBook/1970/70_3_Charger0003.jpg
Salesman Pocket guide. No A/C with 440-6: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1970/70_Charger_3.jpg
No N88 with 440-6: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1970/70_Charger_3.jpg
Plymouth data book. No A/C with 440-6: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Belevedere0003.jpg

Quoteand someone had an inside connection high up.

And yet it carries a standard Charger VON. :scratchchin:

QuoteThe car has sat without the windshield for a decade. So the embossed Chrysler logo protected the paint beneath while the rest flaked off? The logo is very clean though and does not appear to be flaking.

So the car sat outside long enough to take every single speck of paint of the VIN plate but the logo still looks good. Do you find that concept interesting?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

polywideblock

remember  I read an article about a "root beer" brown superbird in moparformance back in the 80's said the "weird "cars were built during lunch while supervisors were away from line    :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

The white Chrysler logo would have reflected more light & heat, thus protecting the black base paint underneath it to a degree.

This is pretty common in hot states even if the windshield is still intact.

To the owner, have you searched the whole car for broadcast sheets yet?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: polywideblock on October 30, 2013, 12:01:37 AM
remember  I read an article about a "root beer" brown superbird in moparformance back in the 80's said the "weird "cars were built during lunch while supervisors were away from line    :shruggy:

:scratchchin:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

charger Downunder

Now this is going to be one interesting car. Do you know the history, past owners or have any old pics. Someone must of taken a few pics of this car in its life. N88 Speed control option this was not suppose to be available on hemi or 440 sixpak ?
[/quote]