News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Crane Cams coil.. Good StufF??

Started by Chargerfreak, March 04, 2006, 09:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerfreak

Hello there.

I found on a Dutch bidding-site a CraneCams coil. I now have a chrome one but don't even know the brand of it, and i think it's crap..
The design of the CC i've never seen before it's just some sort of box... Not in cilinder shape.. Anyone familiar with these??? What's their worth???, what's their performance??. Here's the description, i can't copy the pic because it's protected..

• High-output E-core ignition coils.
• Up to 70% higher energy at the spark plug than stock for maximum performance, race or street.
• E-core design with closed magnetic path. Reduced leakage inductance cuts losses and improves energy transfer to the spark plug.
• Solid epoxy encapsulated. Resists severe shock and harsh vibration.
• Insulated primary connector for safety. No exposed high voltage on primary terminals for enhanced safety. An important consideration when used with high output CD systems.
• SAE-spec high voltage tower protects against arcing. Improved coil wire retention and longer creep path to protect against high voltage arcing.
• Heavy gauge wire used for all windings. Results in much lower resistance and better heat dissipation for greater high RPM endurance.
• Windings optimized with computer aided design. Our exclusive CAD (Computer-Aided-Design) windings produce maximum spark gap current and highest available voltage 

Thanks in advance!

Chris.

RD

had one on my 71 charger drag car.  never had any problems with it at all.  very reliable and had good spark.  I had the crane fireball coil.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chargerfreak

It's this one: Crane FireBall LX-91 bobine V8 Mopar,chebby,furd

Chryco Psycho

Chargerfreak

But the question for me is, is it better than the chrome thing i have now? Does anyone know what kind that is or are there different chrome ones...
Is the CC thing worth buying..

Chris.

RD

its totally up to you and your pocketbook.  both work well, but the question you need to ask yourself is what am I building my car for? cruising or strip?  strip use the crane, street use the coil.  i guess you are wanting a definite answer huh? hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chargerfreak

Thanks all, the most my car will see will be street. And i'm on a budget so i'll stick withe the chrome coil and spend my money on more important things.

It did help RD your last answer haha..

Chris.