News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from dodgecharger.com for hosting/collating?

Started by The Mopar Kid, November 10, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mopar Kid

Whenever I try to log in from my PC, I'm banned, but I'm okay when I log in with my phone?
how do I fix this?

Troy

I looked through the error log but can't see where you tried to log in. Is your phone using the same IP address (are you using you're home's WiFi connection)? If it is both should be banned. If only one is then there's a different problem. Sometimes a ban gets triggered temporarily but when you try to log in the forum checks to see if you have been banned before and keeps the ban in place. Your account is obviously not banned so it's either an internet connection or browser issue. Try clearing out all the cookies from this site in your browser and try again. Let me know how it goes. I'll try to keep an eye on the logs to see if I can get a better idea of what is happening.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Mopar Kid

Hey troy,

Yeah when go to the site at my work, I get that error. Probably a good thing, but still i don't understand it.
My work has a sonicwall filter but it doesn't block dodgecharger.com. Instead i just get that message.
I'll dig deeper, thanks for the info.

marshallfry01

My phone did that for a little while for no reason. I cleared the Internet history and reset my phone. After that I had no trouble getting logged in. I don't know what the deal was.  :shruggy:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Troy

Quote from: The Mopar Kid on November 10, 2013, 12:35:03 PM
Hey troy,

Yeah when go to the site at my work, I get that error. Probably a good thing, but still i don't understand it.
My work has a sonicwall filter but it doesn't block dodgecharger.com. Instead i just get that message.
I'll dig deeper, thanks for the info.
If it's your work address it's because they buy internet/connectivity/service from a colocation facility (hence the message). As a general rule, I have colocations blocked because they host a LOT of servers which either get hijacked (or paid for) by Spammers and then the site gets spammed/hacked 24/7. If I can isolate yours I can unblock it BUT the first time anything suspicious happens it will likely get blocked again. This is on the site's end - not your work's firewall.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Mopar Kid

71charger_fan

I am in Pakistan most of the time and use a virtual private network for most things, but using it with this site gets me banned immediately. Deleting the cookie and disconnecting from the v p n always gets me back in.