News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much fuel line would I need?

Started by cudaken, November 12, 2013, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, thinking about replacing the fuel line from the tank to fuel pump. Car is a 68 Road Runner and is 17 feet long. I am guessing I will need around 20 feet, does that sound right?

All so came across this at Mancini Racing.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/frtorefuli1.html

I am going to have to guess that it is bend to fit?  :scratchchin: But it does say OEM.  :shruggy: Guessing it is just the material and not shape.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cdr

it is pre bent, & then bent in 1/2 for shipping
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cudaken

Quote from: cdr on November 12, 2013, 07:00:24 PM
it is pre bent, & then bent in 1/2 for shipping

CDR, did you buy a set? If so how bad was the shipping cost?

Cuda Ken
I am back

cdr

i have not,but a friend did,shipping was not bad. 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Lord Warlock

I got one from inline tube, shipping cost wasn't that bad considering it came in a piece of PVC pipe about 6 feet long.  There is a sticker on the tube that it needs to be bent/straightened out, figured i'd use an AC pulley to support it as I bend it back into correct shape.  

My questions is when you actually install it, the tube goes through the frame rail on the right side of the car, but do you feed the front section from the rear, or do you feed the rear section from the front?  There are a lot of bends on the front piece of the tube where it goes around the engines right side.  I'm trying to install mine with the motor installed which makes it a bit more complicated, do i need to undo a motor mount to make clearance?  A rubber hose would be so much simpler...:)

last thought, is the vapor return line really necessary? I blocked mine off a long time ago near the fuel pump when i disconnected the vapor cannister that was causing engine to run poorly.  Will have to remove the fuel line, but can leave the vapor line in place if i have to, since they didn't send me one in the kit i bought. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

cudaken

War Lock, what I need is the line from the tank to the fuel pump. From what CDR posted it is all prebent so that the way I will go when it is time.

From the fuel pump forward I use rubber fuel line with me running a 750 Holley.

Thanks for the answer.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Lord Warlock

Yes, the tank to fuel pump line is pre-bent with all sorts of angles on it, plus its bent in half for shipping purposes.  The kit i bought had the fuel pump to carb pieces as well, they use short rubber pieces between the pump piece and the carb piece, installed the pump to carb pieces this week.  Trying to figure out how to  install the pump to tank piece now also, been running brake lines and fuel lines which has led to other jobs.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dino

I got mine from Summit.  I think it was a little under $20 for shipping.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.