News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The new beginning; Elephant with wings.... Whatcha think?

Started by hemi68charger, November 15, 2013, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 17, 2013, 10:20:49 PM
Not sure which air cleaner will work with the Stage V dual quad FAST setup though. Might have to custom fab one. The center to center carb spacing on the Stage V intake is different than on the stock intake.
I like the chrome dome and someone said that they think they might make one with the wider spacing. Not sure.

You might contact Tim @ FHO.  He sold me my Stage V base plate & top plate, linkage, all kinds of stuff.
My only issue is the base plates' don't have the little 1" strip around the base & the little shield up front.  I asked Ben Snobar this last summer & no one made them yet.  My plan was to try & find even a 383 base that someone hacked the center up in or a factory flub.  Years back Ben said he could do that for me & I could cut those pieces & add to mine. 
Problem is the bank dried up, hoping it fills back up by the end of this year.   ;)

thehemikid

Are you wanting to have the 70 none fresh air Oval skirt & splash shield on the Stage V intake & carbs?

hotrod98

Quote from: thehemikid on January 03, 2014, 11:19:45 PM
Are you wanting to have the 70 none fresh air Oval skirt & splash shield on the Stage V intake & carbs?

Yes.  I prefer the oval setup over the chrome dome setup. I want the oval setup that will work on the stage V dual quad intake.

If you know of anything, please pm me instead of responding on Troy's thread. Thanks.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

No new pictures in a while...

Just got my proper water pump housing ( Thanks Sal ).... along with some other parts here and there.... Got the new .96 torsion bars yesterday. The hemi k-member and brackets are on their way..... The TTI headers are in route as well.........   Tried putting the MSD unit in it today but ran into a snag I am trying to figure out....... Still mocking this up and will paint soon once I get the water pump housing cleaned up in the blaster......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

mopar4ya

Quote from: cdr on February 01, 2014, 10:58:08 PM
please get that fram filter off,,,use 51515 wix.

lol !! I was thinking the same thing when I seen the pic above. Looking good Troy.

Dan.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I concur!   Unless thats only on for engine painting purposes! 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 02, 2014, 10:21:25 AM

I concur!   Unless thats only on for engine painting purposes! 

Yes, it was on there for break in when the previous owner/builder did it.. I will replace it but hadn't even thought that far yet... I will get another one and I concur about the quality of WIX products.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Highbanked Hauler

What is the advantage of WIX filters, I hadn't heard of them before ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on February 02, 2014, 08:47:57 PM

Nothing if it's still a bypass style filter. The difference is in the filtering media. The WIX has more media and a finer filtration of media. Problem is, if it bypasses it still isn't any better...... :eek2:

cdr

Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 03, 2014, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on February 02, 2014, 08:47:57 PM

Nothing if it's still a bypass style filter. The difference is in the filtering media. The WIX has more media and a finer filtration of media. Problem is, if it bypasses it still isn't any better...... :eek2:

also the anti drain back valve does not work in the fram,,car sits for a week & all the oil drains out of the filter.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi68charger

New goodies arrived today....... TTI cermanic coated headers !!! and .96 torsion bars....
Troy

hemi68charger

More goodies today.........

Hemi K-member and motor mount brackets from crossramconnection.com. Good job Brian and Mr. Norm.....  :2thumbs:

I know I know....... Not the "proper" fan clutch.....  ;D
Troy

thehemikid

hemi68charger

Another piece to the puzzle, got my dolly back.........
Troy

Charger-Bodie

So , crossram connections builds Hemi k frames too? If you don't mind? What do they get for them?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 08, 2014, 10:00:27 AM
So , crossram connections builds Hemi k frames too? If you don't mind? What do they get for them?

Off the top of my head I believe it was $750 powder coated. I got the motor mount brackets too and so far, fit like a glove... We'll see how it all goes together....

Troy

Charger-Bodie

Nice. It will be a very clean install. Make sure you assemble as much as possible before you slide it up in there. Then you don't have to work over the nose or fender too much.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 08, 2014, 11:11:49 AM
Nice. It will be a very clean install. Make sure you assemble as much as possible before you slide it up in there. Then you don't have to work over the nose or fender too much.

Oh no.. The steering box will be in, the headers, the starter, the wiring, transmission w/ GearVendor, etc..... I will be completely rebuilding the brake hydraulic system along with installing the new Hemi Booster/MC assembly. I have to get the hemi MC lines to the valves. When I bought the complete tubing system, I didn't have this grandiose idea of a 426 Hemi install..... 
Troy

hemi68charger

Today was a day of MSD installation. I want the engine compartment to look as OEM as possible with the components I am using. I decided to install the MSD box in the nose. There were already two holes drilled in the Z-bar from something in the car's past. So, I decided to fabricate a mount to use those holes. I used OEM connectors where I could. I will finish later on in the week. For now, I will use the points distributor as the trigger.
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar John

Troy,
Those headers look almost as shiny as the air cleaner lid!
Have you got any idea how much horspower your going to make with the Hemi + headers + MSD + ???
MJ

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar John on February 10, 2014, 09:31:15 AM
Troy,
Those headers look almost as shiny as the air cleaner lid!
Have you got any idea how much horspower your going to make with the Hemi + headers + MSD + ???
MJ

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nope.........

Enough to make me very, as Phil from Duck Dynasty says, "Happy Happy Happy".........

The motor has 9.7:1 compression and I'm not totally sure about the camshaft other than it is hydraulic and not to "big". Tom, the friend I bought the motor from, states it will be a great street cruiser. The headers and such can only add to the HP Talley
Troy

hemi68charger

Did some detailing today ( prefect day since it rained most of it )...

1. freshened up the valve covers with a new coat of paint
2. installed the fuel line and pump ( need to get fittings )
3. painted the thermostat housing I got ( proper one with the right casting number )
4. installed the driver's side motor mount insulator and painted it ( as it was on the motor when painted; of course, after I bought another one, I found the original I had all along sitting in the cabinet......  :brickwall:  ). Oh well, now I have an extra......

5. installed the alternator with, what I believe it, the proper pulley ( not the late model dual pulley you get on stuff now ).....  Along with that, the brackets as well.

Looks good regardless...  :icon_smile_big:

May not be 100% perfectly OEM correct, but it's not half bad either.............
Troy