News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The new beginning; Elephant with wings.... Whatcha think?

Started by hemi68charger, November 15, 2013, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

:dance: :dance: :dance:   wow !!  awesome stuff  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  love the black wheels too  :yesnod:  just needs a four speed  :drive:   :P  ;)   need more video  ;) :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar John

Troy,
Every time you open that hold your smile has to be wider than those valve covers!
MJ

gymratt30

We saw your post with video on face book.
Happy for ya buddy.
It really sounds good!
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

charger1972

The look on the kids face is great . He will never forget that moment I bet .  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Yes, Jacob had a blast.....

He texted Kim ( mom ) afterwards with "OMG !!!!" Kim thought there was something wrong, like the car fell on me or something...... hahaha

It definitely was something Jacob relished in......... I told him, aren't too many 13 year olds who crank up a Hemi Daytona.......  :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Operation Hemi-Transplant:

Added some details to the ole Elephant. Added the CAP emissions valve, the plug wire separator over the front of the passenger valve cover, plug wire bracket mounted on the coil, rotated the coil to a more proper position, removed one of the heater hose straps ( at the rear ) and replaced the spark plug wire grommets on the valve covers with better-colored version, not the bright white ones that were there before. They should be more off-white. I got these details from this photo from a road test article from 1968 on a 1969 Charger 500 equipped with a 426 hemi and 4speed.

On a side note, I think I have the brake issue straightened out, they weren't working last week... grrrrrrrrrrr.

But happy happy happy now....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Some more..

Sorry for the duplicate images from before, but there are subtle difference....
Troy

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stevearino

But happy happy happy now....

[/quote]
Well who wouldn't be. Looks and sounds outstanding. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

RJS

Very cool Troy!!!  Yes there can't be too many kids that can put that on their resume'.

One suggestion with your trans cooler, why not shorten the hard line and go straight into the cooler instead of all that down and up stuff.
Ron :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: RJS on July 20, 2014, 07:15:17 PM
Very cool Troy!!!  Yes there can't be too many kids that can put that on their resume'.

One suggestion with your trans cooler, why not shorten the hard line and go straight into the cooler instead of all that down and up stuff.

I want to mimic, as close as possible, the OEM look as it would have been originally. This is the way it was routed. I  just tweeked it in not spending buko-bucks on a reproduction hemi tranny cooler. From the outside, that part looks pretty OEM......
Troy

RJS

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 20, 2014, 07:33:29 PM
Quote from: RJS on July 20, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

I want to mimic, as close as possible, the OEM look as it would have been originally. This is the way it was routed. I  just tweeked it in not spending buko-bucks on a reproduction hemi tranny cooler. From the outside, that part looks pretty OEM......

Duh,  That shows how much I know about cars with funny noses and big wings!!!!!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks great, but I believe that the PB vac hose should be routed differently.   :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 21, 2014, 05:26:44 AM
Looks great, but I believe that the PB vac hose should be routed differently.   :yesnod:

well,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you're going to point out a "flaw", show the solution.......  :icon_smile_big:

You know me, I'm all about knowing the proper way ( albeit I may at times deviate ).....

PS: There will be other things I do, like get the radio noise suppression capacitor, resonators for the rear and a proper Prestolite distributor converted to electronic so I can still use it for my ignitor trigger. Or, I may just use an Ignitor II in a Prestolite with the light springs......

Addition PS: Mark, I see where Jim B's 69 GTX PB hose is routed UNDER the kickdown lever/bracket... I will make the change.....  :2thumbs:

Thanks Jim !!!
Troy

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 21, 2014, 07:53:48 AM
Looks great, but I believe that the PB vac hose should be routed differently.   :yesnod:

well,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you're going to point out a "flaw", show the solution.......  :icon_smile_big:

You know me, I'm all about knowing the proper way ( albeit I may at times deviate ).....

PS: There will be other things I do, like get the radio noise suppression capacitor, resonators for the rear and a proper Prestolite distributor converted to electronic so I can still use it for my ignitor trigger. Or, I may just use an Ignitor II in a Prestolite with the light springs......

Addition PS: Mark, I see where Jim B's 69 GTX PB hose is routed UNDER the kickdown lever/bracket... I will make the change.....  :2thumbs:

Thanks Jim !!!

NP - Getting thanks for doing nothing appeals to my lazy nature! Lol!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 21, 2014, 07:53:48 AM

Thanks Jim !!!

Make sure that you get the clamp & nut from Six Pack Frank.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 21, 2014, 01:38:12 PM

Make sure that you get the clamp & nut from Six Pack Frank.  :2thumbs:

Mark, whatcha talkin' 'bout? There's a clamp and nut that hold the booster vacuum hose secure?

OK, after some research via MMCDetroit, you mean this? If so, then I'm taking it I only get one clamp since my car isn't a fresh-air car, I would only have the booster hose, not the 2nd forward hose which is most likely the PVC hose on fresh-air cars ( since the PVC was on the driver's side ).
Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 21, 2014, 04:15:56 PM
Now you're cookin'!

I search via out trusty Roger Gibson,  but I didn't see it. Guess I'll email Frank direct........

Thanks for the enlightenment !!!

....... it's the little things I like.... Except certain feminine parts of course...   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemi68charger

Something that dawned on me, I need the clip that holds the distributor vacuum line to the fuel line just like the 6bbl cars......  :yesnod:

Luckily, I have a couple of those.......
Troy