News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 build in 71 charger

Started by flashley18, March 05, 2006, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashley18

I am rebuilding a 440 for my 71 charger and have the following parts.  I am looking for suggestions on the camshaft and springs.

Edelbrock 750 carb
Edelbrock performer RPM intake
Stock Cast Iron heads and valves
Forged Crank 10 under
L2355f Speed Pro pistons 30 over
Automatic with stock stall converter
3.23 posi 8.75 rearend
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Air Conditioning

I want something that is strong but can still be driven on the street.  Will be more than a weekend car but not unnecessarily a daily driver.  Was thinking of milling the heads to gain some compresion.  Installing larger exhaust valves.  What about roller lifters??

I know there are a lot of questions but I am sure that there are many combinations out there that are tried and true.  I don't have the funds to waste on experimenting so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks for you help

Lee

andy74

if you are on a budget,the 1st 440 cam in the summit catalog,the 443/465 one is a good all around budget cam,and wont break the bank-ive been using it for almost 3 years and have been very happy

Chryco Psycho

flashley18

Thanks for the suggestions.  Anything that you would change or that looks out of place.

Chryco Psycho

sext7366

I prefer a cam close to the stock magnum cams myself, couse you could always go a bit bigger, or smaller depending on how much economy versus power you are shooting for.  I know comp cams has some good nostalgia series cams for muscle cars.