News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel and tire size on superbird?

Started by graybo, December 09, 2013, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

:shruggy: Guys.  Working on my Bird clone I would like to know what wheel and tire size works and looks best.  I want to use the ralley wheels with a white letter tire.  ( I know this is probably on the site listed a million times, but I kinda suck at searching).  WHAT LOOKS BEST FELLAS?  Thanks in advance. :popcrn:

moparstuart

i have 255 60 15's in the front and 275 60 15's  rear on mine  love em
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2013, 10:03:25 PM
i have 255 60 15's in the front and 275 60 15's  rear on mine  love em

Do the 255's rub up front in turns?

I prefer to run a non-staggered set (front and rear tires are the same size) so they can be rotated.  All three of our cars run 245/60/15's to keep the spare tire count to a minimum.  If the 255's clear, I'd run them as the 245 seems just a bit small to me. 

hemi68charger

I have run 255/60/15's on all of my B-bodies without issue............... I have run 15x8's all the way around on my Daytona with a 4.5" backspacing. I have 15x8's Grand National with a 4.0" up front and they do stick out a wee bit more than I like ( rub the fender on the top wheel opening and that's not good )........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

odcics2

8.00-8.20 - 15

No, it doesn't rub!    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 10, 2013, 12:18:51 PM
I have run 255/60/15's on all of my B-bodies without issue............... I have run 15x8's all the way around on my Daytona with a 4.5" backspacing. I have 15x8's Grand National with a 4.0" up front and they do stick out a wee bit more than I like ( rub the fender on the top wheel opening and that's not good )........
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

moparstuart

my new man cave coffee table

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: