News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

correct choke assembly for 1969 Charger with HP 383 4 bbl

Started by resq302, March 06, 2006, 08:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

I am trying to locate (even a photo) of what the correct choke assembly would be for my 1969 Charger with the HP 383 4 bbl engine.  The carburator is a Carter AVS and I have gotten some to be said "correct' only not to match up to the choke well in the intake manifold.  Would anyone have a pic or part number of what a correct choke assembly would look like for my car?  Also, would anyone have a casting number of the intake manifold that should be on my car so I can verify that my intake is the correct one also?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

Quote from: resq302 on March 06, 2006, 08:20:28 AM
I am trying to locate (even a photo) of what the correct choke assembly would be for my 1969 Charger with the HP 383 4 bbl engine.  The carburator is a Carter AVS and I have gotten some to be said "correct' only not to match up to the choke well in the intake manifold.  Would anyone have a pic or part number of what a correct choke assembly would look like for my car?  Also, would anyone have a casting number of the intake manifold that should be on my car so I can verify that my intake is the correct one also?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Do you mean the choke thermostat?

Contact Bill Allphin.  Great guy with fair and reasonable prices.

http://www.amhightechauto.com/

I needed one of these but found an NOS one a year ago.

resq302

Shakey,

I have dealt with Bill in the past.  Like you said, a really great guy and an asset to the hobby.  I did not know he had the choke assemblies.  I will have to give him a call.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto