News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYONE HAVE A SUPERBIRD WITH RARE REAR BUMPER GUARDS FACTORY?

Started by Mopar John, December 26, 2013, 07:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I don't know if any Superbirds came with the rare rear bumper guards from the factory? Was this option only for front and rear or could you get just the rear making it a possible option on the Superbird?
  At any rate if anyone has this combo and is considering a restoration there are a pair of NOS rear bumper guards for sale over on Moparts in the December B Body parts for sale section!
MJ

69_500

Pretty sure Mike Atkins orange bird has them. Have seen a few with them but Pettybird would know more about the Birds than I do. I tend to obsess over the Daytona's and 500's more than the Birds.

Ghoste

Mopar John

Here is a picture of the bumper guards for sale. Maybe someone here has a picture of Mikes Superbird with them installed?
MJ

Wingnut426

According to Galen Govier, rear bumper guards were an option on Superbirds,  M83 is the code on the Broadcast Sheet.  Wingnut :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  GTX AND  RUNNER
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I don't think I've even seen them on those let alone a Superbird.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2013, 11:04:43 PM
I don't think I've even seen them on those let alone a Superbird.
seen em on several gtx , satellites and road runners ,  dont remember seeing em on a s bird ?

the gtx above is rogers wilsons 999 silver special order paint so its a high optioned GTX and i took the picture

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I must have certainly seen cars that had them, I just didn't notice them is a better way of putting it.

held1823

factory or not, i don't think i could reinstall those warts on any car
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

Dave Kanofsky

I remember seeing them on an orange SuperBird at Talladega... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :puke: :puke:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

62 Max

Mine had them when I bought it in 82,took them off,thought they look out of place,still have them somewhere.

Ghoste

They do look out of place.  Almost like they designed a perfect car and some marketing genius came in and told them to add something tacky to sell, like bumper guards.  So they just threw a pair on there.