News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Adjustable pinion snubber question??????

Started by 74Charger, March 07, 2006, 12:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74Charger

I am having a adjustable pinion snubber fabricated using the original snubber base.  My question is..... What is the proper height you want you snubber at when adjusted for strip conditions?  Right up against the body? or 1/2" away from the body?  I have heard both.  Also when setup for street/cruise. What is a proper height?
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

8WHEELER

I can tell you on my car that sits 1 1/2in lower in the back, I made a 1in steel block on my original snubber.
Then tack welded the rubber portion to the top of that, It then was touching the bottom of the car for 20yrs
and raced it that way, and used it as my daily driver, never had one problem. But I know there should be about
a 1/2 space for street driving, but I never had any issues.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

74Charger

Thanks for the info Dan!  I will put it right up against the body for strip setup.  And plan on another hole 1/2" from the body just in case I want to move it down for the street. :icon_smile_big:
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD