News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help 440

Started by mally69, March 07, 2006, 07:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

ok i got a 69 charger 440
4.10 gears
3000 stall
comp magnum cam dur 292  lift .501
TM-7 intake
mighty demon 750
hooker super comp headers 1 3/4

HEADS  are 906 3 angle valve job had guides put into them  and new valves put into them matched cam springs    they were ALSO decked 7 thousandths
my compression ratio is 10.34   before heads were decked

now my big question ( would it be worth the money putting neww eddy heads on my car )
would it make that much of a diff  to be worth $1300 compared to what i have now  ???

firefighter3931

Well you've got enough compression to make the aluminum heads work. Depending on how well your heads flow the eddy's are worth a 50hp increase. The headers could be a problem with the angled plug head....you will have to do some clearancing on them for plug access. A set of 1.6:1 rocker arms would help as well.....the increased valve lift will take advantage of the superior breathing and make even more power.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

so do all  eddy heads  have angled plug holes   i kinda thought that maybe my headers are to small for eddy heads do you think that 1 7/8 would be a better choice kinda hate to change them though

my setup seems to run good just was curious as to if 50 hp is worth 1300 bucks   any idea of what its making now

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on March 07, 2006, 09:12:49 PM
so do all  eddy heads  have angled plug holes   i kinda thought that maybe my headers are to small for eddy heads do you think that 1 7/8 would be a better choice kinda hate to change them though

my setup seems to run good just was curious as to if 50 hp is worth 1300 bucks   any idea of what its making now

Mally, the 17/8in header is a better choice with deeper gears and a converter on a 440ci combo. The smaller tubes probably aren't hurting your current combo but they would limit the upper end power on a better flowing head.

All the aftermarket aluminum castings use an angled plug. TTI's fit the best hands down allthough a hooker 17/8in Comp header can be made to fit. The supercomps don't fit very well at all due to the primary tube routing which was designed many years ago for an oem head.

The eddy heads work well but you need use the right parts with them. VegasMike has a similar build to yours but with a solid flat tappet cam, approx 10.3:1 compression and box stock e-heads and his made 528hp on the dyno. The fast rate Comp solid grind works well with the e-heads and is very streetable. Runner also has pretty much the same combo and his is in the mid 11 second range (1/4 mile).

Hard to say what yours is making but if i had to guess it would be in the 425 hp range but that depends on how well the heads flow and how well it's tuned. Is it worth it....only you can answer that question.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

thanks i appretiate the help  :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

You're welcome.  :yesnod:

Ron