News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 dodge charger 426

Started by chrisbinks, January 20, 2014, 05:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisbinks

Hi guys,  does anybody know where i can get a workshop manual of some sort including wiring diagrams for a 426 1970 charger?

Any help and ideas would be much appreciated.

many thanks guys.

chris

fy469rtse

I think the factory service manual covers the hemi wiring, my 69 FSM does

myk

Don't get a paper-manual, if you work on your car at all and use the book as a reference you'll destroy it within weeks.  Use a CD instead, print up your relevant pages and then get to work:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=1970+charger+service+manual&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X1970+charger+service+manual+cd&_nkw=1970+charger+service+manual+cd&_sacat=0
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

chrisbinks

hi guys thanks for replies,  does that cd cover the 426 hemi engines as well?
i cant seem to see if it does anywhere on the adds just wondered if you knew?

many thanks again

Ghoste

Yes it does cover the Hemi.  The factory shop manual is an indispensable tool.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

I have paper and digital and find great use for both versions depending on circumstances.

70 sublime

Have you visited over here yet ??

Sounds like you have an interesting car

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?www
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

Hemi wiring ?  There can't be much, if any difference in the wiring. I mean come on man.  ::)

Ghoste

No, but even if there were a single difference wouldn't you want to know about it?

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 20, 2014, 02:39:49 PM
Hemi wiring ?  There can't be much, if any difference in the wiring. I mean come on man.  ::)
There is. Although some of the differences won't be visible/noted in the manual.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

myk

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 20, 2014, 02:39:49 PM

Lol.  I heard the Hemi cars had extra-special air put in their tires at the factory, too...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

It don't know that the big deal here was the engine size, I think his main concern was a wiring diagram and he was providing all the information so no one would rag about being more specific.
A good call in my eyes. :cheers: :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Ghoste

It was a good call to be specific and say he wanted a wiring diagram for a 1970 Charger 426 instead of just saying something like "can anyone give me a diagram?".
Thats what.  :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

Myk, great pic of the car man.....

Ghoste

Oh!!  I totally missed that, yeah what he said Myk.

maxwellwedge

There is one or two specific Hemi wiring diagrams in the FSM....mainly due to the extra v/cover harness and positive battery cable wires. These are spelled out in the FSM.

Ghoste

Right, any of the engine compartment diagrams say "w Hemi" or "wo Hemi", do they not?  Now if a Coronet with Hemi is the same wiring as a Charger with Hemi, I have no idea but as Maxwell says they each get a diagram. 

fy469rtse

Photos  please ,  :popcrn: :popcrn: we love 70's especially hemi ones

Ghoste

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 28, 2014, 10:35:39 PM
Photos  please ,  :popcrn: :popcrn: we love 70's especially hemi ones

I hate 70s with Hemi he better not post a pic......

Ghoste

We'll tell you when to close your eyes.  :icon_smile_big:

chrisbinks

Haha ill get some pics on as soon as i find one to use.

Ghoste

We like them in any condition or quality.  Go ahead, try us. :yesnod: