News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8.75 3rd member

Started by Bandit72, March 07, 2006, 10:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

will all the 3rd members swap between the different housings? I have a 3.91 sure grip from a 64 Dodge truck and was wondering if i could use the "chunk" in a 8.75 housing for my charger..

thanks

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

chargerbr549

It should bolt right in, I did the basic same thing on my 69 Charger, its the light duty 741 case 3.91 suregrip that came out of about the same year of pick-up, I have just regular street tires so I haven't had any problems with it breaking the light duty pinion. A couple of areas to what out for, (1) is there is a pin and two buttons that go in the middle of the suregrip, alot of times they fall out when you pull out the axles so make sure they are in there and(2) you might have to get a different yoke to mate up to your driveshaft or get a conversion u-joint that will mate the two different sizes of yokes. I hope this helps. Kevin

Chryco Psycho

8WHEELER

I have used several 741 cases with 391's in them, most I got out of 65 Dodge Vans, they work great, I just
had to install the large yoke.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

chrisII

i use the convershon u joint.I hate messing with yokes, unless its leaking your better off leaving it alone IMO